Who is your favorite Fairy Tale Princess?
This pretty lady wins hands down for me.
Last night Craig took me to see Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella at the Redlands Bowl.
Cinderella was beautiful. Her voice was lovely. Her dresses were scrumptious. The Prince wasn't too Charming but I used my imagination. But, BEST of all was her carriage!
Here are the lyrics to their romantic love song.
Prince: Ten minutes ago,
I saw you I looked up when you came through the door my head started reeling
you gave me the feeling the room had no ceiling or floor.
Ten minutes ago, I met you, and we murmured our how do you dos
I wanted to ring out the bells and fling out my arms and sing out the news.
I have found her, she's an angel, with the dust of the stars in her eyes.
We are dancing, we are flying, and she's taking me back to the skies!
In the arms of my love, I'm flying, over mountain and meadow and glen.
And I like it so well that for all I can tell I may never come down again.
I may never come down to earth again.
Cinderella: Ten minutes ago, I saw you.
You looked up when I came through the door.
My head started reeling you gave me the feeling the room had no ceiling or floor.
Ten minutes ago I met you and we murmered our how do you dos.
I wanted to ring out the bells and fling out my arms and to sing out the news.
Prince: I have found her.
Cinderella: I have found him, he's the light of the stars in my eyes.
Prince: We are dancing
Cinderella: We are flying
Prince: And she's taking me back to the skies
Cinderella: In the arms of my love, I'm flying over mountain and meadow and glen.
Prince: And I like it so well that for all I can tell I may never come down again.
Both: I may never come down to earth again.
Isn't that romantic? Best of all they aren't fairytale feelings. They describe how I feel about my Prince and he IS Charming!
3 weeks ago








6 comments:
I love that version of Cinderella--especially the music. I remember watching it as a little girl and hoping I would find a prince charming one day. And I did! ( too bad he has been called on a mission). Sounds like a fun night. The Redlands bowl is a fun place on a summer night.
What a perfect date for a real life fairy tale couple.
A couple of years ago, Claire got her parents to let her be in a children's community theater production of Cinderella. Claire was too young to be Cinderella even though she sang the songs beautifully but she did get a lesser part with a few solo song lines.... however, the director saw EJ at the audition and asked him to try out for prince Charming. Mindy about fainted when shy EJ agreed. He got the role and ended up doing a great job. As I read the lines of the song on this blog I can still hear his sweet voice singing them.
Thanks for bringing this memory back to my mind.
I am glad that you had a nice date. We enjoyed the concert at the park with you too. You bring so much joy to our lives.
Hugs, Lura
I love it! My sweet Sara lives Cinderella! Guess who I think of often? You and Jackie Glasmann (Bettie)!
Sweet post...
Rene
I have an autistic son and he did a survey on favorite princesses for a school project. If you have a second, hop to my blog and then click on his Art of Autism button. He posted on this very subject a couple of days ago. My girls would love this post!
Sandy
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm pretty sure I hopped over from Grammy Staffy although it was late and my mind is a little muddled today.
Sandy
Post a Comment