"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Thursday, July 5, 2012




Hanna Horton passed away this afternoon.  My sweet mother in law. 
The lady who:
  • Sent wonderful care packages to Craig when he was gone for the summer working at the National Parks.  They were full of delicious oatmeal cookies and brown sugar muffins.
  • Made a banner announcing the engagement of her son to me and placed it in her office at the administration office at BYU.  
  • Treated me as if I were her own daughter. 
  • Loved my children.
  • Took vacation time to babysit our children when we came to town for meetings.
  • Loved to tell stories of her childhood and family life.
  • Was a wonderful cook.
  • Made delicious apple pie, goulash, and pistachio pudding salad (calling it a salad was a trick only a Grandma could get away with...it was more like a dessert).
  • Always had a full dish of peanut M&M's in a crystal dish ready for visitors.
  • Taught my husband tenderness and kindness.
  • Was a world class drawer and cupboard organizer! 
  • Was willing to share anything she had especially to someone in need.
  • Put others needs ahead of her own.
  • Who for the last 2 years didn't know where she was, who she was or that she was being lovingly taken care of by her daughter, but was still kind and sweet.
Mom, I love you.  We love you.  You have been missed these last 2 years. But, now that you are really gone from us we miss you more. 


2 comments:

Jan's Blog said...

A beautiful tribute Kris. She truly was a sweet lady who obviously loved her children and grandchildren. I'm so glad she is 'home.'

The Barton's said...

what a beautiful tribute this is. I love you. PS...I'm still thinking of you nearly every Sunday as I sit in Primary with my cute class. It's been 12 years for me serving in Primary. I've had a few other callings here and there, but the Lord wants me in Primary.