"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Friday, August 31, 2012




A Happy Day

Yesterday was a particularly happy day. I awoke knowing that it held the promise
of a multiple smile day. As usual the day was sunny and beautiful. Craig and I
uttered our, "I love you's" before getting out of bed.
Jan and I dressed and were out of the door by 8:15 to meet Mom and my sisters
for breakfast at Mimi's cafe'. We chatted up a storm catching up on each others
families and loving each other.

A couple of hours were spent freshening the house in preparation for the arrival
of Jeff and his girlfriend Liz. Just knowing that Jeff would be home soon sends my
heart in a spin. I love him so and just don't get enough of him at all. He has been
dating Liz for a few months. Getting to know her is a delight.


We (Jan, Craig, and I) met them at On the Border for dinner. Besides a yummy
dinner we had fun talking. I shared the story of how Craig and I met and the story
of my engagement ring. When Jeff excused himself for a moment Liz said, "I really
like your kid!" isn't that cute? She went on to say her parents really like him, he is
good to her and treats her very respectfully. Those are things a Mom loves to hear.

On top of these wonderful things this week has been the Republican convention.
We have heard amazing talks by state governors who have been able to turn around
the desperate financial, educational, and employment situations in their states. We
have heard talks describing hope and assurance that it can be done on a national
basis by Romney and Ryan. These words are refreshing and offer hope when hope
has been lost by so many of us.

Ann Romney gave an amazing speech in which she unveiled the goodness of her
husband, his determination and abilities. Paul Ryan gave us vision and insight into his
wisdom. Friends told stories of who Mitt really is and the quiet acts of kindness
that he has performed in their behalf and for others. Tears were wiped from the
eyes of many including mine. The famous actor, Clint Eastwood, stunned us all with
his interview of an empty chair representing Obama. One of the points he made
was WE own AMERICA. Elected officials are our employees. Obama has not done a
good job. We need to let him go. It was clever and forthright.

Marco Rubio introduced Mitt Romney with a fabulous talk about his own
upbringing as a son of Cuban immigrants who had a dream for their children to have
freedom and opportunity. His dad worked as a bartender in the back of the room at
events so that his son could could some day stand behind the podium as the speaker
at an event!

Then...Mitt Romney, the next president of the United States, came to the stage.
My heart was a flutter. Even though Craig and I sat alone in our upstairs family
room I clapped and whooped and hollered as of I were there at the convention. He
was wonderful. His is a wonderful man. He has experience, wisdom, goodness and
wisdom that can get us our of the debt hole we are in, raise our standing in the
world, support our allies, especially Israel AND he is a man of God, a worthy
priesthood holder. Can this be real? Am I dreaming? No! This is the America I love.
It reminds me of Condolezza Rice's speech in which she described herself as a little
girl growing up in The South who though not allowed to eat a hamburger at the
counter in Woolworths (because of her race) her father taught her she could be the
president someday. Instead she became the Secretary of State!

This is America! Now a Mormon will be president. My ancestors who were chased out of their homes
under threat of their lives, without redress, because of their religion would with me/us
 REJOICE EVERMORE!


3 comments:

Jan's Blog said...

You express yourself beautifully. I was glad to be a part of the day that was so very happy for you!!!

Sheryl said...

You truly brought hope and joy to my heart and my face just reading of your joys, and your heartfelt impressions of the RNC experience and a man whom we must have in office. You do my heart good with each word you share! Love you!

Grammy Staffy said...

How wonderful that you have your mom with you still and your sisters near by and you can all enjoy special times together. Jan told me that it was a great day.

I am praying for Romney.... I hope America will make the right choice in November. I am so hoping he will win.

Liz is a beautiful girl and seems so sweet. Are they getting serious? I hope so.
Hugs, Lura