"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What?

What does it look like to be relaxed?
What does do you do for 12 days on a huge beautiful ship in the middle of the ocean?
What does can you see from a ship?


This is the only photo that has downloaded at my command for this post. I would love to share some fabulous photos from our memorable trip but blogspot and my photos just don't get along very well.
 Frustrating.
Alas, worry not I tell myself, else all the peace of the trip will escape.
I have compiled an album of 100 photos which was scaling down to 1/3 of the photos taken! 
Alaska is gorgeous.
It's sky, trees, water, ice, mountains, wildlife are breathtaking.
We traveled with friends.  Lura and John are such fun to be with.  Bonnie and her granddaughters were always flitting somewhere. Linda and Butch are cheerful, Annette and Stu are interesting and a hoot.  Martha and Joe are great gem finders.  Sidney and Jerry have great faith.
Being with Craig anywhere is a gift.  Having him on the sea is a GIFT.  AHHH, to breath the fresh COLD air, to eat the YUMMY food, to sleep in our comfy bed lulled by the waves, to spy whales and eagles is a thrill. 
Making friends, appreciating the glorious earth, Rest and Relaxation.  What more is there?
I  will tell you what!  Entertainment!
Of the 12 nights of entertainment 3 were the best.  The last night of the cruise (which is always a little sad because you know the vacation is nearly over) was the best night of all!  Of all the cruise nights ever! To our everlasting thrill we were entertained by Dale Kristien.  Do you know her?  She was Christine in the LA Phantom of the Opera.  We saw her 4 times in this role.  What a singer. What a beauty.  What a night this was for us.  She knocked our socks off!  Thank You, Celebrity.

5 comments:

Heather said...

My Dad and his wife took all of us kids and spouses on a cruise to Alaska 2 1/2 years ago and it was fabulous! Alaska is a beautiful place and the glaciers were huge! I am glad you enjoyed your vacation!

Jan's Blog said...

Sounds Glorious...

Stacey said...

I think the one picture you got to download says it ALL!! :)

Your trip sounds amazing!!!

Stacey said...

p.s. You remind me soooo much of the Phantom's Christine! :)

Grammy Staffy said...

Dear Kris,
You said it all. Wasn't it the most wonderful trip. I am so thankful that we could share it together. I loved the trip and being with friends..... and...
I love you!