The first weekend of April Craig and I drove to Utah. Sunday we were at Joel's house watching General Conference with his family.
Craig and Micah played Conference Bingo
Makayla and I made paper flower streamers for her bedroom
Jeff joined us for the day
We celebrated Joel's birthday. We all benefited from the delicious meals Lori made him for breakfast and dinner. His birthday cake was bread pudding made with homemade bread. Yumm.
Driving through Brigham on our way to visit Craig's Mother
We spotted a temple in construction
Sweet Mom. Even though a fair amount of her memory has been erased by a stroke ( she thinks she is 105 years old) she still has her pleasant ways.
On the way to the zoo one day we drove right past Kelli's work! So, we stopped to surprise her.
This was the ONE beautiful non rainy day of our trip. Weren't we fortunate?
Micah dares to drink water
Makayla and I spent a long time looking at the butterfly exhibit. They are gorgeous. Heavenly Father had fun creating these beauties. There were red, white and blue ones. Every color combination imaginable. This one was neon.
Grandpa took the kids to the dollar store.
If you are a princess looking for a dress for the ball you would shop at Bliss. This store sent Makayla and I into dithers.
We made Snow cones from SNOW!
It feels sad to pack up the house Craig's Mom has lived in for 60 years. We spent much of our time during this trip deciding what to do with her belongings. Some of them came home with us. Craig is a super duper packer.
On the way to and from Utah we stayed with Sherrie and Reg in their 'mansion'. They hate to have it called that but a fact is a fact. It was wonderful to see them and Jim and Nancy. We ate together, caught up on all our families, talked about the pitiful state of our government, ate together, and laughed. It was ...did I say we ate together?...such fun.
We have been friends with Reg and Sherrie for 30 years!
We have been friends with Reg and Sherrie for 30 years!
I wish I had a photo of Nancy. When we were together I couldn't find my camera!!!






3 comments:
What a fun trip. It was fun to see pictures of Joel's kids. I recently found out a former YW from here knew Jeff. What a small world! I sure do miss you. Any chance you guys will take a trip up this way? We would love to see you. I am still trying to convince Reed that the grandkids need a trip to Disneyland!
What a wonderful trip. I think that I benefited from some of those beautiful paper flowers too. They decorated ever one of my hospital rooms and brought me cheer.
You made my homecoming so delightful. You are a precious friend and I appreciate every sweet thing you do.
Hugs, Lura
how fun for you. I really enjoyed seeing the picture of Sherrie. It's been a very long time.
Post a Comment