In honor of 9-11 I joined the Interfaith Counsel and spent this morning doing yard work at the local Mosque. Muslims, Epsicopalians, Jews and LDS worked together, side-by-side. There was an air of kindness and love permeating the event.
We are flying our flag. Are you?
10 years ago on the 11th Craig and I had boarded a plane and were waiting to take-off. We were on our way to St. Louis were we would rent a car and drive to Nauvoo, Illinois. When we were asked to disembark we had no idea that we would not be getting right back on. In fact, we were not allowed to get our baggage until several hours later. This was a life altering day for America. I remember thinking, "Who are terrorists?" So much has been learned and so much has happened in those 10 years. At least for today I was part of the healing process.






1 comment:
How nice that you joined the inter faith counsel. I want to hear more about your experiences.
I did not know that you were going to Nauvoo on 9/11. Did you miss the trip all together or were you able to go a few days later?
I hope that you can fill me in on these stories on the cruise. I hope that you will be able to come because I will really be sad if we have to go without you. I am praying that it will work out that you can come.
Hugs to you and to Jan. Lura
Post a Comment