"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Angels We Have Heard on High

    

Something beautiful happened in in Sacrament meeting and I was apart of it.  The closing hymn, “ Angels We Have Heard on High” was accompanied by a piano duet and me at the organ!

The congregation sang with their hearts.  The piano provided a glorious decorative melody while the organ sustained with strength.

I have never been part, in that way, of something so beautiful.   
To play along with other musicians!  To have a congregation singing. To follow a chorister.  To feel the Holy Ghost with me.  I was soaring.

While playing the organ tears filled my eyes; tears of gratitude to be part of the beautiful experience of singing our prayer.  It was a prayer heard, I know.

1 comment:

Grammy Staffy said...

My heart was touched by the beautiful music. I was so proud of you playing the organ. My heart was pounding with pride for you accomplishing such a difficult task. It was just beautiful. I am sure that prayer was heard. Much love, Lura