"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Sunday, January 29, 2012





It is ALMOST Valentine's Day!  Just 2 more days!  You see, I consider the entire MONTH of February as Valentine's Day.  Let the Pink and Lace and Love start to flow.
Monday, Lura is coming over to make Valentine's with Jan and me.  We will have a little lunch and then create frilly little cards.  I can't wait.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~
Today I had a little treat. The phone rang. I could hear Shannon's voice but she wasn't speaking to me.  Apparently her phone was in her Sunday bag.  It accidentally called me.  She was teaching her Primary class of 4 and 5 year olds.  I listened for 5 or 10n  minutes as my darling daughter shared with her class things about herself.  She said, "This is the journal my grandma gave me when I was baptized.  She wrote this to me [ I couldn't hear what she read]. When I was baptized I wore a white dress.  It was a special day in my life.  The next time I wore a white dress was a very special day.  Do you know what day that was?  I was married in the temple in a white dress. Did you know that when you go to the temple you wear white?"  I could hear little children chirping throughout the lesson including her son Cooper.  Her voice was adorable.  She was patient and darling to the little children.  At last I had to hang up and go to my own church meetings but I didn't want to.  Getting the chance to hear her teach  without knowing she was being heard was such a delight. As I drove to church I offered a prayer of thanks for such a delightful good-hearted daughter.  In fact, I was filled with adoration for her to the point of being overcome.  Is there anyway to really express the immensity of love that can be felt for someone? Then it occurred to me that Heavenly Father feels that for us, His children.  Isn't that wonderful?  He love us!

For Valentine's Day we traditionally think of ways to express love to the special people in our lives.  This February I would like to include thinking of ways to express love to Him.  He has given me so much.
What can I give Him
Poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd
I would bring a Lamb.
If I were a wise man
I would do my part.
What can I give Him?
I 'll give my heart.
(Christina Rosetti)
How do you give your heart? 
I have been thinking of ways.
Do you have ideas?


3 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

What a sweet experience to get to hear Shannon teaching. That was special. We are both blessed with such dear children. Like you, my love for them helps me to understand God's love for me.
I am excited to make valentines with you tomorrow. You are a dear friend. Both you and Jan make my heart smile.
Hugs, Lura

Jan's Blog said...

I'm still learning how to give my heart. I've kept it protected for so long that I get overcome with timidity. I'm learning from you. I see you give your heart day in and day out, to your family, your neighbors, your calling, and to any heart that opens itself up to yours. You give me your heart in more ways that I can list, but I can testify that I am the lucky recipient of your heart daily, and sometimes, hourly. Your heart is a thing of beauty and Heavenly Father delights in it. I know this, because believe it or not, He has told me so...and I mean that literally! And, part of the unique beauty of your heart is that you have the faith and realization that you have to keep some of it for yourself. You do that better than anyone I know.

Suzanne said...

Kris, this was so sweet! I have tears rolling down my face as you shared what Shannon taught and I thought about how much Heavenly Father loves us. Thank you for your goodness and love that you have always shown me. I love you.