"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Saturday, March 10, 2012

May I share with you what I have been doing with my time for the last few months?
It all came together last week.
AHhhh.
It was perfectly wonderful.
Beautiful.
Inspiring.
We celebrated the 170th birthday of the Relief Society.

Past stake Relief Society Presidents were honored.

A presentation was given using Daughters in My Kingdom.

Beautiful soloists added to the
A video depicting the history of Relief Society interwoven with our local history was shown.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqOb8mBux3E

Displays were made by each ward of items reflecting the old adage,
 "Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do or Do without."

 There were some very clever ideas


We had birthday cake.
The General Relief Society President Julie B. Beck has explained why knowing our history is important.
"Our presidency has prayed, fasted, pondered, and counseled with prophets, seers, and revelators to learn what God would have us do to help His daughters be strong in the face of “the calamity which should come upon the inhabitants of the earth.” An answer has come that the sisters of the Church should know and learn from the history of Relief Society. Understanding the history of Relief Society strengthens the foundational identity and worth of faithful women."

This evening was dedicated to strengthen women through the history of Relief Society.  We were generously blessed with the Holy Ghost this evening.  His power was a gift to those in attendance.  It was wonderful to experience.

Now, I feel like a regular person.  I can Blog ( missed this) , Pinterest, Watercolor, and maybe garden soon!


5 comments:

Jan's Blog said...

It was a truly beautiful evening... Each part was so special, beginning to end. It reflected all the time and energy I know you put into it. We sisters in your Stake are truly blessed to have you as our president.

So take some time and play. You've earned it!!!

Lauri said...

Sounds like a wonderful event and I'm sure beautifully done. How Fun that you invited past presidents to be there. (where was Camille?)

It is weird to me that I was a ward RS president on the 150 year celebration. TWENTY YEARS AGO!!

Sheryl said...

It was truly beautiful in the style of our Beautiful President and her amazing counselors!! You could tell what a great amount of love and thought and prayers went into making it an evening to remember!! Thank you!!

Grammy Staffy said...

I know that it was a beautiful evening. How I wish that I could have been there. We are blessed to have you as our stake RS president and I am blessed to have you as a friend. Hugs, Lura

Anonymous said...

Looks like a beautiful event.