This is the look of happiness. Corbin was baptized just moments before this photo was taken. He had long awaited this special day. He has had tender feelings towards Jesus since he was a baby. He loves going to church and learning about spiritual things. Being baptized was a choice he made because he wants to be obedient (one of Grandma's favorite words).
Along with being baptized Corbin eagerly anticipated the associated party. Cousins came from Utah, Arizona, Texas and Illinois. This is a photo of the Horton cousins.
The week before we had a birthday celebration at the Link home . Corbin opened each gift with such grace. He was thrilled with each gift and expressed sincere exclamations such as: "This is just what I wanted!", and "Cooper! Look what I got!"
Some things I love about Corbin:
He has more zest for life than most anyone I have ever met.
He gives the best hugs EVER!
His heart is touched by beautiful music.
He is taking piano lessons.
His long fingers are careful and precise.
He express love easily.
One of my favorite memories of Corbin:
We sat on the piano bench together. He requested I play the love song from Sleeping Beauty. He had a crush on her. Just to look at her made him blush. Anyway, I was playing the song for him. Oops. I hit a wrong note. "Grandma, start all over!" he said. So, I started the song over. Again, I made a mistake. He requested I start over again. This time I was nervous! When I made another slip of a note I hurried on hoping he wouldn't notice because I had nearly finished the piece. But, he did. "Grandma, start all over!" My piano teacher wasn't this hard on me!
I love you, darling boy.







No comments:
Post a Comment