"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Enjoying the Drought

We're having a heat wave.  Droughts in January are so pleasant but slightly difficult to fully enjoy knowing the ramifications that come later.  The Governor has declared California in a state of emergency!  The temperature has been in the 80's for days. People are going to the beach, having picnics, playing outside and wearing flip flops.
We have two tomato plants still bearing fruit! Imagine that!

Michelle, my friend of 32 years and 5 months (!) had a birthday.  I hosted a birthday luncheon for two.


Jan  (my friend of 34 years) and I went to downtown Riverside to window shop at our favorite little stores, Mrs. Tiggywinkles being the main one.  We lunched at a Mexican restaurant and ate outside (you know the drought).  We had a lovely day, unfortunately there are no photos to remember this day by!  But, here is a recent one of Jan with Kelli (my daughter of #@ years (you're welcome Kelli).  Don't they look coordinated? 


A curious thing happened this week.  While composing a document of my favorite scriptures and how they connect I wanted to find something I had written several years ago.  It involved Sheri (my friend of 49 years (wait we aren't even that old!)) and I knew she would remember the year the event happened. Since it was early in the morning I knew not to call and disturb her slumber so it was tucked away in my mind to call her later.  Imagine my surprise that she called me just a few hours later to ask me if I could send her that very story I had written (Turns out I wrote it in 2006!)!!!  SO, with her help I found it and was able to send it to her!   How do those kind of things happen?  Her call was the answer to a prayer I hadn't even uttered!!!!!


5 comments:

Peggy Glasmann said...

That is so super cool!!! How I miss you and your family and Michelle and Sherri!! We really need to get together!!!!

Grammy Staffy said...

What fun. So nice of you to make a birthday lunch for Michelle. I'm glad you and Jan could get out and play. Great pic ok Kelli and Jan. I went to conference in the Ontario bld. We forgot it was at Lincoln too. I'm not up to par but doing better every day. Hugs, Lura

Troy said...

and I can't wait to read it again when I see you on Wednesday! And yes, I don't even know how we could be 49, let alone #!

Sheri said...

oops, I didn't realize that Troy was signed in!!! LOL Well, I am sure you know that those were MY comments!

Jan's Blog said...

So glad you are posting again. I've truly missed it.