"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Sunday, January 26, 2014


As the ticker shows at the top of my blog....It's almost Valentine's Day!  That means Pink, Red, Roses, Hearts, and Lace are available in stores.  I love to walk into a store and see the delights they offer:  Candy wrapped in pink papers, Romantic cards expressing love, Trinkets, and such.  It all makes me smile.


Friday Craig and I celebrated the 42nd anniversary of his proposal of marriage.
 Contained in here are the dozen red roses Craig gave me that day!
 That moment in time unlocked the door to doors and doors of happiness.  I would never put forth that all 42 years were filled with days of only happiness for certainly we have had struggles of one type or another.  But, by in large, happiness is our daily reward because we have Decided to be happy.
Happiness is a decision.  In fact it is a moral obligation.  We owe it to others to be happy.  I know that when I exude happiness it affects others especially Craig since he lives with me.  And it affects me as well.  We all have reasons to mourn or complain or even feel down in the dumps but still it is a decision to be happy.

For example, if I am feeling crabby I can still answer the door and greet the person there with a smile or a kind word.  It is a choice.  I choose to portray happiness rather than crabbiness.
SIDE NOTE: I had no intention of pontificating on this subject.  Oh well, maybe it will help whomever happens to read this little blog of mine.

Rebecca arrived Wednesday with her youngest, Ledger.  They are visiting for 10 days.  Rebecca has meetings and appointments to attend so Craig and I are the babysitters.

Although Ledger is only 3 he has learned the power of suggestion.  More than once he mentioned that he loves the macaroni and cheese at Red Robin.  So, guess where we went to dinner last night!
When the waitress asked what we would like to drink Craig and I each requested water.  Ledger said he would like Sprite.  As she walked away there was a look of surprise in his eyes.  Then he confessed that Daddy does not let him have Sprite!  Apparently we should not have asked what he WANTED but rather what he was ALLOWED to have!  Here is Ledger enjoying his Sprite.  He said Mommy can see the photo but not Daddy! 


 Ledger was invited to pre-school taught by my dear friend, Anita.  So Shannon, Rebecca and I had a few hours to go shopping.  It was a pure delight having two of my girls with me.  We talked and laughed and helped each other choose wisely.


It was a great week.

3 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

One of the many endearing things about you my friend is that you are so happy. Being with you makes me happy. Being with you makes me want to make others happy... it is contagious.
I talked about you in my blog today and used your "favorite favorite" scripture as my text. See what a good influence you are on me.
No wonder you are much loved by all who know you. Hugs, Lura

Jan's Blog said...

You are unique. I've never known anyone like you, or even similar. Sometimes, honestly, your happiness is bewildering, but always appreciated. I know that having Rebecca and Ledger here is a source of great happiness
!!

Suzanne Birkett said...

Thank you for sharing your happiness with me!! YOU make me happy and I love everything you said.
Ledger cracks me up!