"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Sunday, April 13, 2014









Recently we went to Utah for a week plus a few days.  I took our 11 year old granddaughter, Makayla, and Kelli to the General Women’s Conference.  We were in the Conference Center sitting down below rather close to the stand.  This center is so enormous that being close is still very far away.  It was the first time Makayla had been in the same room as the prophet.  I taught her that when he entered we would all stand.  I hope you have had that opportunity before.  It’s as though the moment he appears the Holy Ghost is right there spreading His influence and love to all.  It must have been just like that when Christ entered places as He walked and taught on earth.  How could anyone not recognize Him through that Spirit?  I just don’t know.  But, I am so glad that we know Him;  that you know him and that I could introduce Makayla to that amazing experience.  For further impact we went across the street to Deseret Book where I let her choose a CTR ring.  I told her to always remember that the day she received the ring was the day she first saw the prophet in real life.  I hope her testimony burns brightly as she looks upon the ring each day.  Aren’t we so blessed to know there is a prophet on earth?  We know what he is teaching us and you are sharing those teachings with our brothers and sisters who are searching for a guide.

Pink Cherry Blossoms added to the delight of the experience.  And that is an understatement.

2 comments:

Jan's Blog said...

I didn't see the Valentine Post when I went to your blog so I reentered the address and there you were...you posted!!! When I first saw a sitting prophet in person (from very close up) I wasn't yet a member of the church and had a different experience than you describe, but it hits the nail on the head of what I would feel like now if I were ever blessed to be in the presence of a prophet again.

Grammy Staffy said...

Beautiful testimony and post . I feel the same way. I had the same feelings the last time I was in the conference center and he came in. I was moved to tears.

I'm glad you were well enough to make this wonderful trip. I'm sure Makayla will treasure the memory.
Hugs