"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas 2009



Even though it has been a long time since a new post has been written on this blog I have been blogging in my heart.
Having all of our children and their children at our home for a week (longer for some of them and less for others) kept this house busy. The beds were full of darlings. The refrigerator and cupboards were filled with food. Sounds of excitement rang in the air. Just being together is grand in its own way but coupled with Christmas makes for a TREMENDOUS time. Once again our family is united because of the Savior. We gathered to honor Him by loving each other.
Some highlights at least for me:
The nativity story was portrayed by darling grandchildren along with nieces and nephews-a long standing tradition in our family.
Christmas morning we slowly enjoyed watching each other unwrap their gifts. We all seem to enjoy this process. We even stop in the middle for breakfast and then continue. I love sitting together engaged in conversations of excitement and astonishment over gifts. The chit chat is delightful.
We have traditional games that simply Must be played when we all gather- Eye Die, The Thimble game (now played with a spray bottle) and Rambo. Such excitement.

Besides Christmas our family celebrated my father's 80th birthday! A great milestone indeed. I have a wonderful father but that's another post!

4 comments:

Lauri said...

first of all...I sure like the music on your blog. I have left your page open just to listen to the music you chose. I especially like the music from Somewhere in time. I haven't heard that for a long time.

Looks like a wonderful Horton holiday. Happy New Year!!! The thimble game with a spray bottle sounds dangerous.

Peggy Glasmann said...

How fun to have all your kids together for Christmas. We too got to enjoy that moment - minus Josh who is serving in Oklahoma! We did get to talk to him and read a letter about why Christmas is important to him that made us all feel like he was with us! Your family looks wonderful. I wish I could hug you all!

Jan's Blog said...

I can hear the sounds and smell the cooking... Thanks for such a delightful memory!

The Barton's said...

I can't believe how time has flown by seems like yesterday when Shannon and I would sit in the yard and play barbies. I still tell our story about primary. :) oxoxoxox