"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Monday, January 25, 2010

The rain has come and gone...for a bit.
Our house is warm and cozy.
Our cupboards are filled with food.
Our street and town is inhabited by kind people.
Our home teachers came to visit yesterday.
My visiting teacher asked how I was doing.

All this comfort makes me a little uncomfortable.
I can't stop thinking about the suffering in Haiti.

We all want to do something for our Haitian brother and sisters. If you can give a little financial support I recommend using this link.
http://www.ldsphilanthropies.org/

I love knowing that 100% of the donations are given directly to the cause and NOT bureaucracy.

The First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has issued this statement:
“Money is not the only need in Haiti,” the statement continued. “People are frightened, bewildered, and wholly uncertain about their future. In addition to what people can do in helping with food, water and shelter, there needs to be a calming influence over that troubled nation. We invite people everywhere to supplicate God for a spirit of calm and peace among the people."
Money or not-We can all contribute!

No comments: