"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Arizona Highlights



This has been a marvelous week.  There is something heavenly about having a newborn in the house.  Every moment seems precious and new.  Of course, we know that he was recently in heaven.  But what was he involved in?  Was he attending classes?  Who were his friends?  Who is missing him? 
WHO IS HE?  Does he know who else is coming to our family?

I could go on and on about Ledger but there are 4 other darling children here that I have had a ball with.  Some highlights from our time together:
1.  We went to the movies.  Have you seen, Diary of a Wimpy Kid?  Steele, Slater and Carter have all read the series of books.  So they were excited to see the movie.  They enjoyed it but not as much as I did.  I could hardly stop laughing. 
2.  The Phoenix Zoo is a Hot--literally.  Snow Cones saved the day.  We were able to endure the heat as long as the cones lasted.  Once they were gone we hurried towards the exit.
3.  Italia turned 7.  Party time for her!  Sweet little girl.  She was ecstatic about each gift. 
4.  Pool fun, trampoline fun, War, walks, kept us busy
5.  A special Air Mail gift arrived Friday for Rebecca's birthday...her dad!  I booked a plane ticket for him that very day!  The grandchildren were thrilled to have him come.  That night they begged him to tell them a bedtime story.  He has an amazing imagination-REALLY.  The yarns he spins are wild.
6.  Can you believe all the birthdays this little family has celebrated in such a short time?  Rebecca is an amazing mother (her children read on their own, do chores, eat veggies, read the Book of Mormon as a family and express gratitude every night).   She adores her husband and he will do anything for her( like do the dishes or buy her diamond stacking rings just because she had a baby!).  Her father and I are proud of her and marvel at all she can do.  We Love her immensely.

Craig and I leave for home on Monday. We are sorry to leave.  Blessedly we do have cute grandkids at home.  Nevertheless, we will be back soon.  Speaking of backs...here is a cute one.

Craig and I will be driving home on Monday.  We are sorry to leave.  It feels wonderful to be with this darling little family.  But, we will be back!   

5 comments:

Jan's Blog said...

How wonderful. It makes me feel even more the miracle of the two babies we will soon welcome here. It sounds like you have had such a wonderful visit. You and your family are trulyl blessed...and so is Ledger!!

Grammy Staffy said...

What a darling post. Ledger is so cute.... I can't believe that last picture. WHAT A SMILE! You had so much fun with him and all of the family. No wonder that you hate to come home. Let me know if you want to sneak back for a short trip and I will go with you. I have family in Mesa that I want to visit too.

Congrats on the darling new grandson. Hugs, Lura

Jan's Blog said...

About the angel...it's who you already are!!!

The Barton's said...

I love the post. Such a cute family.

Stacey said...

I have been waiting to hear his name! Ledger!! I love it. ♥
I am so excited for the whole family!! Ledger is adorable and will be extremley loved in blessed his whole life!

Thanks for posting all of the adorable pictures!
His cute little fuzzy, wrinkley body made my day!