"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I'm Alive

Dear Blog.  I am alive.  It has been a long time since I wrote on you.  Do you miss me?  I miss you.  Will time slow down?  Just not sure. 

Jan and I have made our way through 500 boxes (Yes, I exaggerate...a little bit) and found places for most of her prized possessions.  There are still a few lingering things that are too precious to discard.  It is amazing how attached we can be to THINGS.

Coupled with moving Jan IN is the work we have begun moving Craig's mom OUT of her home to live with her daughter.  Now that she can't live alone her THINGS seem so unimportant.  Most of them are not necessary.  She doesn't even remember them and certainly doesn't need them.

Some day when I depart this earth and reminisce I will wonder why I had such a large house stuffed with THINGS....meanwhile, I need to go Christmas Shopping so I can give some THINGS to my family for Christmas.

5 comments:

Jan's Blog said...

Watching 'Hoarding: Buried Alive' has helped me thin things out a bit, and I'm working on it!!! Give me a good healthy week and you'll be amazed at what you see...

The Barton's said...

Yes! I missed you. Please know our prayers are with you during these trying times. Love You!

Grammy Staffy said...

As always you make me smile. I too have way too many things.... and like you I still add more. I got a pretty new decoration this week at kirtland and two new tea cups. John doesn't know. I have to slip them into the house in hopes he won't notice and give me a hard time. He is always telling me that we don't have one surface without a candle or flower or nicnac on it.... and I say "So???" So many things...pretty things....sweet things...but still THINGS! They really are not that important to me but I love them just the same. Oh my, I am hopeless!

Thanks again for the delicious "Lura" apples. I still can't believe there are Lura apples...and thank Jan for the candy corn. You two are more special to me than THINGS!

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to know that you are still among us. It sounds like you've been as BUSY as ever! Good luck with all the decisions, etc., associated with Craig's mom, I know it's a hard time for everyone. Our new baby will arrive tomorrow, we're excited. We'll be back and forth for the next two weeks and we have fun plans for Thanksgiving, so this should be a fun month. I hope you can stay home for awhile.

Peggy Glasmann said...

I've missed you, but I too have been sadly lacking in the blogging department. I am currently the 1st counselor in a very different RS Presidency. Our RS President is VERY limited. She has 5 children at home that she home schools and has just added a severely handicapped foster daughter. So I am constantly on the go as I do all the food orders and most of the visiting. Busy, busy days. I am learning a lot!! Hang in there. I love you!