"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fabulous February

 Jan and I made Valentine Cookies


 We also created darling 'jar cookies' for friends.  Do you see the jars?  They have flowers on the lids.



 Here is our work station

 This is our Valentine Dinner



 
 The Ladies in our family gather yearly to celebrate Valentine's.  This all began over 20 years ago.  As our daughters have grown up and married they have joined us.  We numbered 12 with several ladies missing because of far distances or sick babies.  Olivia, Rebecca, Lori, Kelli, Laura you were missed!



 Shannon's little family have been sick most of this month. 

 One evening the "Story Machine" came to tell stories to the boys and to help put them to bed.


  Craig and I worked at the Bishop's Storehouse.
 What other church has a huge storehouse full of food to distribute to the needy AND volunteers who work to fill the orders and deliver the food?  Really, is there another church who does this?

Coupled with my previous posts-this has been a Fabulous February.
Except that our Jan sure has had some sufferings.
When I came home today ( I left early in the a.m. to go to the temple) I was greeted by delicious aromas escaping the crock pot, the dinner table set and a note from Jan "gone to Urgent Care.  Dinner ready by 5.  Be back soon." 


3 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

Oh my....no one in the whole world does Valentine's month as well as you do. In fact I just love coming to your house because the whole place looks like a Valentine.....with flowers and beautiful things... and pink everywhere. Coming to your home is a feast for the eyes.... in fact, I am afraid that my eyes are gaining weight from all the feasting they do at your lovely home.

I am sad that I was out of town and missed out on those beautiful valentine cookies....They look so lovely and delicious. You and Jan are truly Valentine queens.

I feel blessed that you two gals are my special valentines because you are both dear friends and I love you.

I missed seeing you today. Hugs, Lura

Lauri said...

Your cookies look beautiful. I have a long way to go to have sugar cookies look like that.

So you know sometimes I turn on your blog just to see what music you have on it? It's always so enjoyable.

Anonymous said...

Love you and your beautiful cookies and your chicken and applesauce and your smoothies and all the wonderful things you do and say!