The month of April is zooming by. Shortly after my last post Craig and I went to Utah for 10 days. Our trip was well timed for we were able to visit Lura in the hospital 3 times.
Can you believe that a woman with a crushed rib cage can stand upright and walk? Torture!
I don't recall the name of this sweet nurse. She stayed and visited for awhile. While Lura dozed off the nurse told me that Lura is a delightful patient. She described a recent patient who was less injured than Lura but terribly crabby. Because Lura is such a lovely lady the nurse found herself wanting to serve her in ways that were beyond her duties because they were appreciated. That morning she had washed Lura's hair. She confided in me that she would never have offered the other patient such a service. Notice the smile on Lura's face. Which of these 2 ladies is an Angel?
Our last visit with Lura found her in PCU rather than ICU. Here she is enjoying opening yet one more gift from Jan.
Sitting at her feet are our men. John is miserable. Can't tell by looking but, his entire body is in pain. Isn't it amazing that smiles can be found on the faces of the suffering?







2 comments:
I'm sure Lura was greatly encouraged by your visit. It sounds like she has a wonderfully sweet spirit :-)
Thank you so much for your prayers for my nephew Jordan and his friend Patrick. Our family has been so blessed and encouraged by the outpouring of love here in blog land.
Blessings,
Marcia
Dearest Kris,
You are so kind to say such nice things about me. I was soooooo blessed to have those wonderful visits from you and Craig. You brought smiles to me when I was really suffering. I still have the beautiful big pink flowers you made me up in my room. Everyone comments on your flowers and the cross stitch cards Jan made. I just tell them that they were made by my angel friends. I keep them right in front of me. They make me smile even through my tears.
I did not know the story you told about my nurse. She did wash my hair in bed that day. She was really sweet and I thought she did that for everyone. I feel special that she did it just for me.
You and Jan have been such a great support for me. I try to smile and be positive but you know it hard for me not to get discouraged. 32 days in the hospital is a loooong time! Thanks for your love and support. You have helped me more than you know. Thanks again for this nice post. I am sending lots of love your way. Hugs, Lura
Post a Comment