"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Saturday, August 6, 2011

3 Birthdays and a Finger

That's right.  3 birthdays.
#1.  Makayla celebrated her 8 11/12 birthday at the family reunion.  We combined our finances to buy her an American Girl.  We had all been together the month prior when Italia received one for her birthday. Since we wouldn't all be together in September we celebrated early.



By the way, don't say American Girl DOLL!!! We get in big trouble around here for such a faux paux.  It is either an American Girl or she can be called by her name.  NOT DOLL!!!!!!!!!!!


#2.  Corbin is 7!  He was jubilant to open his gifts.  When he opened the Legos both he and Cooper shouted in unison!! 
Clever Grandma put sparklers along with candles on the cake.


#3.  My honey.  Since Craig and I really don't 'need' anything (have we really arrived at that age?  I remember hearing old people say such a thing but never could imagine feeling that way!), I gave him a surprise experience.

We went to San Diego and stayed in a grand hotel at the harbor.  This is the view from our room.

We loved walking about.  There is something magical about sea air.


Close to our hotel we found Bob Hope!


and a couple kissing!

We enjoyed several hours at the U.S.S. Midway

(it's not that easy to get photos of us as a couple these days).

It was a wonderful Birthday.

OHHH...the finger... Craig had cancer surgery on a finger!!  (don't look if you are faint of heart!)
I made the photo small so it would be less graphic.

3 comments:

The Barton's said...

Ok thanks for posting the pick of Craigs finger! I am thinking of becoming a Medical Assistant! It was not to bad to look at!!

Anonymous said...

All the birthday celebrations look perfect. Isn't is wonderful when we don't need "things" to make us happy anymore...it's all about the relationships and creating memories.

Ouch!! Sorry about Craig's surgery. Was that some form of skin cancer? I think that looks better on his finger than on his face. At first I thought, oh good that's on his left hand, but then I remembered he's left handed...darn.

Anonymous said...

P.S. We were right in front of the beautiful American Girl store in NYC but we didn't go in...we should have but the day was so hectic and busy. Your little granddaughters would LOVE it! The store is located on the corner right across the street from where they film the TODAY show.