"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Family History




Have I confessed the love of family history?  If it weren't for terrific self control I would be spending hour after hour organizing, writing, searching, comparing, connecting, interviewing, photographing and pondering family members lives. 

It all began when I was 12.  A Beehive goal that I accomplished was to create  4 generation family tree.  Mother had most of the information needed nevertheless I sat with pen in hand and copied (there were no copy machines in those days) each page for myself.  Merely writing the names of people I had never met created an interest that I knew then, at that young age, would never leave me.  And it never has.  All through the years I have been engaged in one way or another trying to preserve and find family memories, photos, and such.

Miracles have occurred.  Many miracles.  So many times I call Mom or Dad to tell them the great news.  I found someone!  I know someones entire name now!  I found a photo of so and so!! I have connected with a cousin we never knew of!! On and On.  It is thrilling.

The most recent miracle is a distant cousin (whom I have never met) has decided to transfer his family tree to Ancestry.com.  This is where my family tree is located.  By his doing this I have access to information regarding a family line that I know very little of. 

Do you work on your family tree?


3 comments:

The Barton's said...

I love family history too! You can get caught up but its so fun! Ps. I was able to post from my iPod, but no pics :(!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do and I really love it.

Grammy Staffy said...

I am just starting to and I love it already. I am looking forward to our RS meeting this week. I am sure that it will be inspiring.

Have a good day sweet friend... I am sending hugs to you and Jan.