Mothers' Day-
Since Childhood I have believed Mothers' Day had been created because everyone had a mother just like mine. Certainly such women deserved their very own holiday.
Being older and wiser I know that it is not the case. Recently I spoke to a woman who when I asked regarding good memories of her mother replied she had one. One? ONE!!!
'Life is not a bed of roses' as they say. Pain is not a stranger to anyone.
The Mothers' Day we recently celebrated portrayed a wide range of emotions for our family.
The day began with the news that our 40 hour old Great-Nephew had passed away.
Yes, on Mothers Day. Bradley and Jammie and our entire family were on an emotional roller coaster that weekend: He is Born! Something is wrong! He will be okay! Oh no! Procedures? Surgery? He will be okay! He is on life support. He is gone. After Sweet Baby James' passing Jammie and Bradley were able to hold him, take family photos, and cherish his sweet little body.
Just hours later Bradley assisted in the blessing of his baby niece in a church service. I stand amazed at the strength Bradley and Jammie exhibited throughout this difficult sad experience. They say they can Feel the Prayers and Love of others in their behalf. Bradley shared with me that the next Sunday when he entered the chapel of his ward it felt as if all the heads turned to look at him. Then, just moments later, he felt surrounded by their prayers and love. He felt it. I believe him.






1 comment:
I believe him!
Post a Comment