"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

MY MAN

What did my darling man want to do for his Father's Day Event?
We went to visit a beloved elderly lady whom we have known for nearly 30 years, Ruth Bird. Unfortunately, we haven't visited her for a long time (which she mentioned during our visit) yet she only lives a few miles away. She was delighted to see us-especially Craig. She has a particular fondness for him. It put a smile in our hearts to put one on her face.

Have I described just how wonderful Craig is? Truthfully, it isn't possible to create an accurate portrait of my love in mere words. But, I will unfold a few less known things about this great man.

  • He loves music. Our home is often filled with beautiful sounds. He helped me choose the music for my blog.
( just a few of our CD's)
  • He has an unquenchable desire to learn. The rooms of our house and our garage are filled with books. This is a stack by his bed.
  • Another element of the desire to learn is his appreciation of the radio talk show host Dennis Prager. Dennis Prager has become Craig's best friend (second only to me). "Listening to him is more valuable than a college degree" says Craig who has a Ph.D. himself.
  • Craig loves color. This the pen collection he keeps by the bed. They are used to mark the books he reads.
  • Craig always (almost always) dresses exquisitely. I call him the "Gentleman Farmer." He often is out watering or weeding in slacks, a long sleeve dress shirt, and freshly polished dress shoes. Even though this is ridiculous, I do really like it that he loves to wear nice clothes. If it were up to me he'd wear his tuxedo at home now and then!
  • Craig is a thinker and a discusser. He always has deep ruminations flowing. So many times just after our evening prayer when I collapse to sleep I will hear him asking me a question such as, "when you think about the Atonement and the effect it has on repentant soul and contrast that with the......"...snore..... Poor Craig he needs to be married to a nightowl.
  • I had a craving (NO, Lauren, I am not pregnant!) for a Miquel's bean burrito yesterday so Craig jumped in the car to get me one.
  • Today when I came home from serving in the temple Craig had mopped and vacuumed.
I could go on and on but I don't want to make anyone SICK!

How do you thank a guy like that? Make him Peach French Toast for Father's Day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute and fun post, Kris. I actually knew many of these things about Craig and have admired them too. One of my favorite things about Craig is that he knows the answer to most questions, or if he doesn't, he "seems" like he should. Reg told us about their conversation regarding signs of the times in Helaman, so we've all been reading it again trying to get some insights into our current situation...Interesting. It was wonderful to see you both recently, I hope we can do it again soon, like THIS summer!!

Sheryl said...

I love that you are so inlove! It is the best to be married forever to your bestest friend! I always love to hear Craig share his thoughts because they get me thinking as well, and delving into places I need to go with reading and studying. We are blessed to have him as our Gospel Doctrine teacher for sure! Great man, great example.

Then he was wise enough to chose a quinticentially exquisite woman to be by his side! Love you!

Heather said...

You truely are married to a wonderful man!

Lauri said...

Wow...all that and all he needs to make him happy is peach french toast?! Lucky you.

Law Rhen said...

uncle craig is a stud! and totally intimidating with his knowledge of all things. i know my dad is his number one fan. i'm prob his number 2 fan. that leave you coming in third i think. ouch!

and i still think your pregnant

Baak Talk said...

Sister Horton,

I have been peeking at your blog through Shannon's link. It's been so fun to see the wonderful things you are up to.

It was so fun to see the pic of sister Bird on your post! One of her grandsons, Ryan, moved into our ward in H.B. before we moved out. I sure loved that lady and her honey!

I also have to say that you have always been an example to me with your marriage to your sweet honey! You are the epitomy of a loving wife and a eternal couple. thank you for sharing!!

~Rebecca (Davis) Baak

JaNae said...

An adorable post Kris. I LOVE the things you choose to highlight...the simple unique things that help us all to come to know Craig better. So does he use the pink pens or are those the ones you use?