"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Family Reunion Part 1

It began with great anticipation: The 8th Horton Family Reunion-2009

The first to arrive were the Joel Horton’s. Makayla is 6 and Micah is 4.
They were here a full week before the Jarman’s so some fun events took place before the actual reunion. Corbin (5 in just 2 weeks) and Cooper (2) were excited to have cousins in town. Shannon and Derek are so good at stopping their life to accommodate whatever the plan is. Often the plan for the day is conceived at the last moment.

We had great fun at the water park in south Corona. Shannon and the boys met us there for an evening of wetness



That evening Makayla and Micah switched personas. Makayla dressed in Micah's p's and Micah wore hers.

In a high pitched voice Micah asked that his bedtime story be Fancy Nancy and Makayla wanted a book about fire engines read to her. They even slept in each others beds that night.


Some fun events:
Snail farming!

Minnie Mouse and Corbin's first sleep over and Grandma's

Swimming

The Beach

Corbin's 5 birthday party
For some reason photos are not downloading. I have tried....oh, I have tried. Perhaps another day.

2 comments:

Jan's Blog said...

I've been waiting to see and hear about your family gathering. This, is a good start! Makayla and Micah are just so cute, and Corbin looks so very happy. Can't wait to hear and see more of your gathering!

Love to all,
Jan

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the Saga has finally begun, can't wait for Part 2. The kids are sure cute. I know you all had a great time, don't forget any details.