"I am home EVERY night. You are the one that is gone...off with your FRIENDS. You don't care about me. You only care about your friends. SomeDAY I will be DEAD! [Now she is walking around in the store. Another lady on my aisle looks at me in horror] Then you will be sorry. Then you will remember how you have treated me. It will be too late. I will be GONE!"
As she wondered through the store talking on the phone for all of the customers to hear a sick feeling filled me. When she hung up I said a silent prayer for the wounded child. Then I thought...I am more wonderful than my children even KNOW!






5 comments:
We know you are a great mom. Thanks for not threatening your death to get us to stay home with you (smile).
Yes you are a great mom....and always have been.We all knew that way before you heard that poor unhappy mother on the phone in the store.
Aren't we blessed that we love our children and they love us... and even with our faults...we bring each other so much joy!!!
yes,yes,yes....we are blessed in deed.
YIKES! I hope no one hear my when I was telling my kids that same thing on the phone.
Kidding, of course.
THIS is how you know you are a good mother??? What's been going on in your head the last 30 years when I was talking to you??? You make me doubt my powers of persuation! Whew!!!
your a great aunt...thats all that matters auntie kristy
Post a Comment