"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I have been missing my little blog. For some crazy reason I have had a terrible time posting photos. Has anyone ever had that problem?

Although the family reunion seems so long ago now it still deserves a little more attention.

Did I mention we went camping? This was the first attempt to camp with our large brood. Since I prefer camping at the Marriott this required a little soul searching. But, it was my idea AND my darling sister let us use their MotorHome and I do mean HOME. It had a comfy bed with its own room, bathroom including shower and all the luxuries. SO, we camped. There was dirt all around the motorhome incase you are thinking sacrastically that we weren't really camping.

The first night we had a big campfire (no fires allowed). Craig asked the children to share scripture stories. So many wonderful stories were shared that night. The children enjoyed sharing their favorite stories and we loved hearing their versions of the scriptures.


The next morning we had a breakfast together and then the children were off to the lake. Fishing, boating, swimming, and water balloon launching were the events of the day.



Other photos won't load. Too sad


6 comments:

Jan's Blog said...

The idea of camping always leaves me a little cold, but this really looks like it was fun. It's so nice to hear more of your stories of the reunion. I've never had a problem with pictures so I'm sorry I can't help.

Anonymous said...

I'm puzzled about your picture problem, I haven't experienced that BUT I will tell you that I hope you get it figured out so we can see more pictures from your reunion. It looks like it was very fun. I love camping, our family used to camp when the girls were little with several families from C3rd Ward. I have wonderful memories of those times. I loved to go to the Shumways campsite and visit Jean, it always looked like the perfect home away from home. I learned a lot from Jean. Keep trying with the pictures, I just can't imagine why you're having a problem. How many of you were on the camping trip (I mean a #) and where did you go? It all looks very fun.

Lauri said...

I always think I want to camp...I love a camp fire and eating outside. But when I wake up in the morning, I REALLY want a hot shower and to wash/blowdry my hair. This looks fun though and I'm sure the kids loved it.

Stacey said...

It's so frusterating that your pictures wont load!!! I hope they fix it soon, I just want to see all of them!!!
Your reunion looks and sounds amazing! What a great time!

Grammy Staffy said...

I didn't know that we were both camping at almost the same time. What fun. I surely hope that you get your pictures to load.

Thank you so much for your sweet visit Thurs. You are such a kind and considerate friend. No wonder I love you so much.

Shannon said...

I think that not having a fire actually make the trip more enjoyable. We came home NOT smelling like we had been camping. Our pillows could right back on our beds. That was really nice.