We never boarded that plane again. Instead we gathered stories of a plane accident in New York City as we walked through the airport. Eventually we sat in our car in the parking lot listening to the news. Horrified we left our belongings at the airport (they would not be released until hours later) and drove home-Stunned-Worried-Anxious-Craving more information.
We were proud of the overwhelming Patriotism of America as its citizens rallied together. We were proud of the heroes. Our hearts are DEEPLY saddened for the loss of so many innocent peoples lives. We are proud that our military genius was able to capture/get rid of (to say it kindly) terrorist leaders and supporters.
We are proud to be Americans. We love this land and what is stands for (at least is SHOULD stand for).
Today we wear RED, WHITE and BLUE as we celebrate America's goodness by attending our favorite place---The LA County Fair






3 comments:
A day to live on in our hearts...
I still think about how you were sitting on a plane that day.
Hope you had fun at the fair. Can't wait to see what treasures you came home with.
How sad that you missed your trip to Nauvoo. I did not know about that. It was such a sad day...such a sad week...year. I was teaching that day and all we did all day was watch the tv in our class room. A while later I visit David and went to ground zero. I didn't know one single person that died there but as I walked down the street towards ground zero I was overcome by the spirit I felt there. I broke out in tears that I could not surpress. I did not loose a loved one that day, but as Americans we all lost a lot...and we will never be the same again.
Post a Comment