"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Monday, September 6, 2010

Restoring Honor Rally, 8/28/2010

"These are the last days."  How many times have I heard those words?  How many times have I thought them as the situation in the world seems to worsen?  But, it has been the 'last days' for a long long time.  Are these really the last or is there a LONG way to go still?

Modern day prophets tell us not to be fearful but filled with Hope and Faith.  God is at the helm.  All things will work according to His plan.
This land is choice land. America. The Declaration of Independence.  The Constitution.  Founding Fathers.  Abraham Lincoln.  All gifts from God.

  America has a Divine Destiny. Craig and I love America.  We study the lives of the great men who dedicated their lives and honor to it's birth.  We honor those who have dedicated themselves to protecting America.  



We feel helpless.  Does our vote matter?  Are there good, honest people who stand for American principles?
Last week Craig and I joined with more than 500,000 people who feel the same as we do. We stood between the hallowed memorials of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln in Washington, D.C. 

The masses cheered, applauded and hooted:
The miracle of the Geese occurred, 
as the  national anthem was sung,  
for heroes,
when told that America is a chosen land with a Divine Destiny, 
at the suggestion that America will be stronger as each person bends their knees and prays, 
is honest and pays their tithing!  
They clapped!  
They were from various religions but all AMERICANS.


They were from many states even countries.  They clapped!  We are not alone.  Over 100,000 watched the event on Facebook.  Many watched on C-Span.  More wished they could have attended but were unable.  We are not alone.  There is reason to Hope.  I have Faith.  I pray for Charity.

(We stayed with our friends, Scott and Debbie Jones in Virgina. A big Thank You to them!)

Some other highlights of our trip:  The Washington D.C. temple is beautiful inside and out.
We walked and walked and walked in the hot muggy heat.   We loved it though.
Scott and Debbie Craig and I spent a marvelous day at Monticello.  Thomas Jefferson an amazing man.  It was wonderful to get to know him better.  This gorgeous home was designed by him.  It is filled with his ingenious ideas...and so are the beautiful immense grounds.

The 3rd try is a charm was a true adage for our arrival at the Jefferson Memorial
Another favorite experience is walking through Arlington Cemetery. 


These hallowed grounds have been a cherished place to me since 6th grade when President John F. Kennedy was laid to rest there.  

  We were grateful to make it just in time for the changing of the guard....which to see was a dream come true.

I am a different person because of this trip.  Attending the Rally was a highlight of my life.  Craig feels the same.  Scott feels the same.  Why?  Because: we sacrificed to attend, we have never seen in our life that many people!!!! Never....not even in Disneyland at Christmas time.  We are one of MANY who love America and it's founding principles.  There is HOPE!!! Rejoice Evermore...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for blogging about the Restoring Honor Rally, it was nice getting a first hand account of the day, although I have listened to GB, he might be a little biased. It sounds like a wonderful event, I wish we had been there too. I loved seeing all the pictures and remembering our visits to those same places, especially the changing of the guard, very moving, Jim still cries every time he talks about it. I'm glad you had such a great trip. Yes, you had told me about Jan coming to live with you, I hope you have a safe trip. We would love to see you too. Are you planning on coming this way anytime soon? Let us know, that would be fun.

Grammy Staffy said...

What a wonderful experience for you and Craig to be able to attend this event. John and I so wanted to be there with you. We watched every minute of it on facebook but I know that could not begin to compare to being there in person. However, attending Justin's missionary farewell was wonderful too. It is just too bad that they were both the same weekend.
I loved seeing the pictures you posted. I want to get together with you and hear all the details. It sounds like a wonderful trip. Let's get together when you get home with Jan.
Have a good trip. I will be thinking of both of you and keep you in my prayers. Many hugs, Lura

Stacey said...

I watched the whole thing on the internet and it was incredible!! I am so glad you got to be there in person, what a remarkable event! :)