"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Sunday, March 13, 2011

 
This beautiful "Mr. Lincoln" rose is from our garden.  It measures 7" across.  The fragrance is divine. A beautiful rose.  A gift from Heavenly Father.  One of the nearly infinite number of wonderful  creations he has placed on this earth for the "benefit of man as well as to please the eye and gladden the heart. "
Little things (if I durst to use such a term) such as this beautiful rose, the song of a bird, a peaceful heart, a cupboard of food, a quiet neighborhood, a husband in the next room listening to majestic music cause me to Rejoice.
A million times a day comparisons are displayed in my mind between my sweet life and the life of a Terrified, Traumatized, Homeless Japanese citizen.
I pray that an abundance of supplies and rescuers will save all.
Most of all I pray that each affected person will, from the depths of their soul, cry out to their Maker for divine assistance.  No matter the situation peace and miracles are possible through Him.
A modern day Apostle has said,
"it is through faith that miracles are wrought."

Generally, those miracles will not be physical demonstrations of God's power-parting the Red Sea, raising of the dead, breaking down prison walls, or the appearance of heavenly messengers. By design, most miracles are spiritual demonstrations of God's power-
tender mercies gently bestowed through
impressions,
ideas,
feelings of assurance,
solutions to problems,
strength to meet challenges,
and comfort to bear disappointments
and sorrow.

These miracles come to us as we endure what the scriptures call a 'trial of [our] faith."

Elder Robert D. Hales, Personal Revelation: The Teachings and Examples of the Prophets
October 2007
May they, in their trial, exert faith.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yes, miracles do happen. I hope that when our day comes, we will also exert that faith.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful post, Kris. I, too, have been counting my blessings as I continue to watch the death toll rise and see pictures of the devastation in Japan. Sendai is where Reggie served his mission, so he shared some personal insight into what it must be like there...so tragic. I DO believe in miracles and know that many miracles will take place in this country and the results will have lasting effects for generations. It's during a crisis like this one that the very best in humanity is expressed and I look forward to the goodness that will come out of this catastrophe.

The rose is beautiful, a lovely reminder of our loving Heavenly Father who knows all and understands what we don't. We must have faith but sometimes it's so hard.

Grammy Staffy said...

What a beautiful rose for my beautiful friend.
I too have been counting my blessings as I've watched the devastation in Japan. We are praying for them. I can not imagine the horror of living though such a terrible event. May they turn their hearts toward God and may He bless and comfort them.

I was sad that I missed you when you left the beautiful cookies mix jar at my front door. I was in the house all day except when stepped out into the patio for a couple of minutes... but that must have been when you rang the door bell. I am sorry. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and love.

I do believe in miracles and tender mercies. I have been the recipient of both.
Have a great week. Hugs, Lura

Jan's Blog said...

You express yourself so beautifully, and it expresses my feelings, hopes and prayers as well. Thanks.