
I know a name
A beautiful name
Dearer than any other
Listen, I'll whisper the name to you
It is the name of Mother
These are the words to a Primary song that I sang as a little girl.
I thought the words were written for my Momma.
No little girl could have loved her mother more than I did.
No woman could love her mother more than I do.
When she enters a room it lights up.
When she speaks her voice sounds like an angel (Craig says so).
She cherishes all that is good and right.
She loves with her entire soul each member of her family.
She is a devoted and adoring wife.
She is EVERYTHING virtuous, lovely and of good report.
I am going to church with her for Mother's Day.






4 comments:
How Lovely Kris. Not having a mother that can be celebrated, it always delighted me that Grandmother Whitney would refer to me and write to me as 'Granddaughter.' I still have tags on which she wrote 'To Jan, Love, Grandmother'! I feel the same about your mother.
Once in a high level Procter & Gamble meeting we each had to go around the room and say who we would like to be, if whe had the chance. Many people pick Oprah or other celebrities or politicians. I said I'd like to be my maternal grandmother so that I could raise the child that would grow up and raise me. People stared, the room was silent. I sat down meekly and the discussion continued.
And there are different kinds of mothers...so, Kris, Happy Mother's Day! Love you, Jan
How lovely it is to take a few moments to write our feelings and love for our exquisite mothers. How blessed we are to have them in our lives, and still feel of their influence and love. Happy Mother's day...enjoy your day with your momma!
What a beautiful mother you have! She is the most wonderful woman. How fun that you were able to go to church with her today! :)
Aunt Kris, thank you for all of your love and prayers. I know that they have made a differnce in my life. When I feel down and miserable I often remember the people who love me and are praying for me and that always gets me through to the next day. Thank you.
I love you. :)
Kris - I hope you had a GREAT Mother's Day too! My Mother's Day weekend included being in the temple with ALL my kids as Josh gets ready to leave for his mission. Check us out at glasmannfamily.blogspot.com
I miss you and your family!!
Post a Comment