PRESENTING A VERY SPECIAL AWARD
TO A LADY
WHO MADE MY DAY
WHO MADE MY DAY
This award goes to Sheryl Holmes.
Over and over this dear woman blesses my life.
Would you like to know how?
Over and over this dear woman blesses my life.
Would you like to know how?
- It is in the cute voice she uses when she offers a cheery hello when we meet.
- The way she delights in the most important 'things' of life.
- The night after Craig was released as Stake President her family gave us a Heart Attack---they had made paper hearts with loving sayings and stuck them into our yard. It made Craig cry.
- One night I was exhausted and working long hard hours on Proposition 8 when she came to the door with important data for the campaign. I said, " I wish I could invite you in and offer you some warm homemade cookies but I've been working ALL DAY on Prop 8!" We laughed. A couple of hours later she came to the door with a plate of warm chocolate chip cookies.
- Yesterday, beautiful flowers were on my doorstep.






5 comments:
Now guess who is crying?? You are a love..
I love your award concept and your recipient seems amply deserving. I'm sure we all hope one day to deserve an award so personal and well earned. I'm so glad that you have friends that are as wonderful to you as you are to the rest of us. That makes me know, with more resolve than ever, that Heavenly Father hears and answers my prayers!
Just wonderful Kris! I only know Sheryl from her blog and what Lura has shated with me, but she seems like the most gentle spirited sweetest lady ever. You are so blessed to be able to share real time with her in real life. She seems like a true gem! XXOO
Sheryl is a wonderful friend. I think she makes everyone she knows think they are her BEST friend. Love ya, Sheryl!!!!!
What a lovely tribute to our friend Sheryl. You are right...she is an angel....so are you. I am so blessed to have such sweet angels in my life. As I think of you and Sheryl and so many other of our friends at church, my heart runs over with gratitude and love and it leaks out my eyes and down my cheeks.
How lucky I am to have friends that set such good examples for me to follow. How blessed I am that you call me a friend too. Life is a beautiful garden when lovely friends bloom around you.
Have a great week. Love, Lura
Post a Comment