"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Monday, November 30, 2009

REJOICING REFLECTIONS

While considering the past week of Thanksgiving there are a myriad of emotions that intertwine.
The basic and important Gratitude of being born to goodly parents in a blessed land and in the gospel! How do you top that? Well, there is so much more. Just like you, my list is long.

50 descendants of my parents gathered for Thanksgiving Dinner. 50! And we are still growing. While the sisters worked together in the kitchen we REJOICED :
Stacey brought her week old baby Aiden to the dinner!!!!!!!
Abbie got engaged!!!!!!! (this week)
Rachel (newlywed) is with child!!!!!!
Jammie (newlywed) is with child!!!!!!
Lauren (newlywed) is with child....again!!!!!!!!!!!
AND Rebecca (my girl who has 4 children) is with child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We sisters were jumping and clapping and smiling with GLEE~ no matter the kitchen mess. Being together is the closest thing to HEAVEN.
Now to add the leavening to our JOY. Aunt Georgia died the day after Thanksgiving. Dear Sweet Aunt Georgia

has been paralyzed by Multiple Sclerosis for years. In spite of her sufferings she always expressed JOY for her life and appreciated every little thing done for her. SADNESS? Yes. I love her. I do miss her already and will. REJOICE? YES!! She is released from the body that held her hostage. She is with her 2 sons and parents.

REJOICE for one more time Jesus is the REASON. In fact, He is the only reason we can REJOICE. Because of Him we all will be released from our imperfect bodies and our sins (as we choose) and be united in JOY.

Christmas is cresting. Let us Celebrate with REJOICING for the Gifts HE gives us.

6 comments:

Sheryl said...

You always touch my heart and my soul. You my sweet Godly woman, sister and friend bless my life.

Jan's Blog said...

4 Babies and a Funeral. I'm so excited for your family. Our's is growing too...Laura is expecting her third chlid.

Aunt Georgia, I always thought, was just so adorable. I only saw her 3 of 4 times but she gave the impression that in her own quiet way she loved all of us, and we all loved her. She was gracious and humble and motherly.

Can't want to see you when I get there.....

Heather said...

I am so excited to hear about Rebecca! :)

Grammy Staffy said...

No one could top the Thanksgiving your family has...that is for sure. congrats on all the new babies that are coming.

I rejoice with you that your sweet Aunt Georgia is finally free from her earthly suffering and is in her heavenly home at last.

Enjoy the season and your trip to Ariz. I will look forward to seeing you next Tues.
Hugs, Lura

Stacey said...

It was such a wonderful day! It's ALWAYS so much fun to be together and to see our family grow and grow!

I was surprised to hear the news about Aunt Georgia... She was such a firecracker! But, I love that you remind us to rejoice!! She is free from these imperfect bodies of ours... ♥

Grammy Staffy said...

Hello again dear Kris,
I'm just stopping by to send you love and best wishes for a Merry Christmas.

I'd like to share my last 3 posts with you. Drop by when you can.
Hugs, Lura