"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I am going a little crazy reading these books and not liking Bella. I am tired of her. I think I will pull out of the reading craze. What do you think?

6 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

I agree. After a hundred pages of her having to hold herself together in book two because of the hole in her heart I wanted to tell her to get a life.... and I find her passionate love for Edward and her adversion to marrying him incongruent..... not to mention her dislike of gifts from him. I like Mandy's vampires better.

Kris said...

Thank you for your support, Lura. She is a brat. Edward and Jacob are TOO good for this girl Shannon says I need to just keep going...it gets better.
You are enjoying Mandy's, huh?

The Snow Queen said...

Hi,
I have to agree too. I read all four books, but I am still uncertain about whether or not I like Bella. I DO NOT like glorification of such an unhealthy relationship. Love should bouy us up, not destroy us. I want my daughters to be strong and independent. Not to hop from one boy to another in order to keep themselves together. Keep reading although if you are like me you still won't love her in the end. You will however love Edward for his integrity and Jacob for his perserverance. It's also good to support an LDS girl and fellow BYU graduate!

Anonymous said...

I have never read these but hear about them all the time. Now I am curious! So great to see you this past week. Wish we lived closer.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you! I just don't get Bella. I put down Breaking Dawn right in the middle and started reading Nights in Rodanthe. I read it in a day and still haven't read anymore of Breaking Dawn. I really wonder if I'll ever finish it.

Sherrie said...

Thanks for the recipe, I'm going to try it since zucchini is the only thing that I can grow! Have you thought anymore about the trip?