"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Read a good book lately?


Have you read a good book lately? All of my daughters have been reading the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer (www.stepheniemeyer.com). Reluctantly, I joined them and now I can't put them down either.
Recently, while Lori was visiting from Utah Shannon came over for the evening. While the 4 children frolicked in the backyard we sat on the patio reading our books. Lori was in book one, I was in book two and Shannon in book four. In the midst of my gripping book I realized how preposterous it was that we were sitting in silence, each in our own world and not engaged in a lively conversation. When does this ever happen? I grabbed Craig to take our picture. He chuckled when he saw what we were doing as well.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I wish I had another book of hers to read. I think I'm going through withdrawls now that the series is finished. I keep feeling that there is someone that I need to call, but I think that's just because I'm not reading and I want to hear another story.

Grammy Staffy said...

I am on the third book now. Lynell got me started on them. Between Mandy and Stephanie I am meeting all sorts of vampires.

Who would have ever guessed?

Rebecca said...

I just happened upon your blog (from Shannon's) and I had to laugh when I read this. Remember back over a year ago when I was reading them at the beach? I was sure that everyone would love them, even you...you weren't convinced! I'm glad your daughters got you into them. I do have to agree however, Bella is annoying and has never been my favorite character. She does do a lot of growing up in book 4 though - I mean she is ONLY 17! Weren't we all annoying?

Christensen Family said...

That scene sure looks familiar.... Holli and her 4 sisters are pretty big fans...

Don't tell anyone but I actually made it through the first book..