"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday Six

My dear friend Nancy has invited me to do the 'Sunday Six'. She chooses six things that have occurred during the week for which she is grateful. It is a way to look for Heavenly Father's hand in her life. So...
  1. As previously noted in an earlier post I am so grateful to have had the Pendleton's and Littles visit us. We attended Sister Christensen's funeral. Knowing the eternal nature of relationships is a source of joy.
  2. Our daughter, Rebecca's home was burglarized Monday. Although it is terrible, frightening and violating she and Ben are able to see God's hand in many aspects of the experience.
  3. A black widow made it's home in my gardening shoe! Fortunately I spotted her before I stuck my foot in it. Craig squished her for me.
  4. We harvested another watermelon. 33 pounds!
  5. While visiting Mom and Dad I took notes regarding stories from their lives. I learned that my Paternal Great Grandfather died from the hiccups!
  6. Kelli was our guest teacher in the 3rd hour of church today. With her charms and knowledge she taught us about the Word of Wisdom.

7 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

I love your Sunday six. I will try to remember and do it in the future.

I'm glad the black widow didn't bite you. That sound like a close call.

Sorry to hear about Rebecca's house. What an awful experience. Mindy and Ernie had their house robbed once. It is so violating.

When can we come over for watermellon? It sounds just too nummy to resist.

Tell Kelli we enjoyed her lesson. I already told her but tell her for us again. Tell her I left YW after opening exercises just so I could hear her lesson.

Happy Sunday to you. Love, Lura

Anonymous said...

Love your Sunday Six. I'm looking into the origin of it, wondering why it isn't Saturday Six or Sunday Seven, I'll get back to you on that. So fun to talk to you yesterday even if for just a few minutes. So sorry about Rebecca's burglary but happy about all the miracles too. The hiccups huh? Now that's a story you'll want to record for sure. Rhonda Riley is coming over in just a minute with my new picture of Brent and Kami, can't wait to see it and her. Here's to another happy week.

Shannon said...

Great 6 mom. And I love the new background. We had fun at the house yesterday. You really know how to throw a party. Love you.

Anonymous said...

So Kris, what is the magic trick with the pie? Do you just snap your fingers or twitch your nose and it appears...or is there some magic ingredient in the pie? Can you tell or is it a secret?

Grammy Staffy said...

Kris drop by my new post and pick up some blog love.... I have something to give you

Sheryl said...

Hello sweet sister Kris! I loved your Sunday Six. It is so fun seeing your thoughts in writing right before my eyes. I am going to be peeking at "Grandma's Journal" as often as I can!

Grammy Staffy said...

Kris I introduced your and Jan's blog on my latest post.... is that o.k.?