"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Friday, August 8, 2008

Farmer Kris

This watermelon is my
Crowning achievement as a
farmer.

The harvesting crew included: Steele, Slater, Makayla, Micah and the powerful muscles of
SuperGrandpa!


It weighed in just a few seeds shy of
40 pounds!

And it was Delicious.


Now that I am officially a FARMER I would like to speak in behalf of them all. This watermelon is proof that there is a God in heaven. All I did was plant a tiny little start, water and fertilize it and BOOM this appeared! It grew right next to zucchini --same soil, same fertilizer, water and such and yet it is green and pink and sweet and juicy! I basically did nothing. GOD is the Farmer!
REJOICE EVERMORE!

3 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

How wonderful. I love watermelon. I think that I will have to plant some next year.

Shannon said...

I still can't believe how much that weighed. It could ride in the car with just a booster seat!

Jan's Blog said...

Kris, I'm so impressed and proud of you. I've tried to get used to the thought of calling you 'Farmer Kris', but somehow it just doesn't work for me, but you've certainly earned the title.