"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Sunday, September 7, 2008


SUNDAY SIX or SEVEN

1. Makayla attended kindergarten for the first time on Wednesday. It was an emotional day for her. Walking away from her mom and little brother that day wasn't easy to do. She felt sad BUT she knew she was beautiful. She had slept all night with rollers in her hair. Daddy let her use his pillow so she would be especially comfortable. With her pink backpack and lots of darling curls she was ready for school. As, her mom says, "Only 12 years plus college left."

2. Micah (Makayla's brother) attended Pre-school for the first time on Wednesday. He hard a very hard time waking up for his big day. He had to walk all the way to Pre-school. Which meant walking through his backyard to the backyard of the neighbor's and then inside their house! With Play-Doh, coloring, stories and bubbles he was thoroughly convinced that Pre-school is fun.

3. Entering the BLOG world has been a big deal to me. I love journaling but that is personal. To BLOG is to be open to others. That is NOT easy for me. This feels BIG. And there are rules to learn...like be sure to check all your friends blogs daily because important things happen you might miss....like there may be an award waiting for you (Thank you, Lura!)! And now I see my life as..."Oh, I could BLOG this rather than, "oh, that was nice." But, it is wonderful to expand my world and embrace friendships more fully.

4. Craig and I went on one of our favorite dates of the year. We always look forward to this event. We mark our calendars months in advance and don't let anything interfere. We talk and plan and imagine what it will be like this year. To tell you what it is ...well, that puts me in position to be mocked or who knows what. So, I'll let it go at that. But, we did have FUN. See, I do struggle with total openness on my blog.

5. Shannon and I met to look at fabrics. She wants to redecorate her already darling master bedroom. Whatever the reason, we were together. That is all that matters. My children are my best friends. Well, I have lots of best friends but they are the BEST.

6. Number 6 already? I need more! I loved to get to hear Sarah Palin... did you? Wow. She is dynamite.


7. I am involved in a political issue that is dear to my heart. I have been walking my precinct and calling voters and doing other support from home things. It feels wonderful to be involved in upholding Truth and Righteousness. YES! On Prop.8!

7 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

Ahhh, it sounds like you had such a nice week.
O.k.... you have us all curious.... you've got to tell us what you special once a year date is all about. I promise no blog friend will mock you.....blog friends just aren't that way.

I'm glad that Makayla and Micah are both settled in their new schools.

Thanks for entering the blog world. I love learning all the things your family is doing...it seems that we never have enough time to visit at church.

Love ya lots, Lura

Patty said...

Hi, I read about your blog on Grammy Staffy's site. I noticed that you and your daughters have been reading Twilight. I have two daughters and we have all been totally addicted to reading them. My sister started a Twilight Blog page and my daughters and I are contributors. It is called Our Twilight Chronicles. Stop by my blog page and I have the link on my sidebar. I really enjoyed visiting your blog page!

JaNae said...

Kris
OH! It warms my little heart to read your blog--that you have one and write on it is wonderful!!!!!

I love to see your pictures and hear your thoughts. So thank you Kris! Your blog will be my "thought a day" book where I go to be uplifted, and to smile. Life is complete now...NOW I can truly rejoice evermore!!!!!

Looking forward to Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your Sunday Six so much. I know this blogging thing is really taking you out of your comfort zone but it's good to expand our wings as we get a little older. So good luck to you with all that. Your blog is looking sooo cute and more and more like you everyday. Keep up the good work.

Shannon said...

Well I an honored to have made your 6, even if you did talk me out of buying anything (smile). I always have fun with you too.

Sheba's Mommy said...

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! I miss being there Sundays too, but I have to work now. I'm glad you liked Capitol Reef, that's my favorite place in the whole world! So much family history, and I just love the Indian stuff there too, so much fun! Hope to see you soon!

Heather said...

Blogging has been a great blessing for our family. We are able to be in contact with siblings, aunts and uncles,cousins,and friends. It's fun to keep in touch with everyone. Since I am not goog at journaling this is a great way to to have some record of my life. I love Shannon's idea with making the blog into a book. I am going to do that soon!

I also loved hearing Palin speak, she is going to make this election very interesting!