1. At the top of the list are my PARENTS
2. My parents' love for each other is a great example to me, their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren and ANYONE who knows them. While Dad was lying on a gurney in the emergency room, in pain, he asked for a blanket for Mom, he worried that she was cold.
4. Children, Grandchildren, brothers and sisters...I love them so. This week I received many phone calls wishing me Happy Birthday from these beloved people.
5. Friends! I wish I dared put photos of all the friends who have contacted me this week to wish me a Happy birthday. Whoever thought of celebrating birthdays deserves a BIG Thank YOU! It is wonderful to be remembered.
6. The Plan of Salvation. Today I taught the Relief Society lesson on this most important subject. Joseph Smith described the The Plan as "a most precious morsel", a "supply of strength" and suggests that it should, "occupy our strict attention and be regarded as one of heaven's best gifts." My thoughts, words and deeds are truly shaped by my understanding of God's plan for me/us.
I hope wonderful Gifts come the way of each of this coming week and that we RECOGNIZE them. God Bless US!






6 comments:
Kris, What a sweet post. I'm so sorry about your dad. I got a little teary with your story about the blanket for your mom...how darling was that!! We will include your dad in our prayers, we hope he has a speedy recovery. Isn't it just wonderful to have so many people to love and care about. We truly are so blessed.
Aunt Kris,
I love your blog! I really enjoyed your "Sunday Six". We really are so lucky to have such wonderful Grandparents at the head of our family. I know Grandpa will recover quickly. Thank you for being such a wonderful Aunt. I am so lucky to have been raised around such a wonderful person. You and Uncle Craig continue to inspire my life.
Great list... your tender heart shines through your posts.
I am praying that your dad is doing well...and that your mom is too.
I meant to sing Happy Belated Birthday to you at church yesterday but I forgot when I heard the news about your dad....so...consider yourself sung too...
I'll check on the receipt for your trip. I was sure that I emailed it to you some time ago but I will check.
Have a good week..I know you will.
Love, Lura
Aunt Kris-your blog is WONDERFUL! I love your Sunday Six! How sweet is was of Grandpa to worry about Grandma being cold...what a thoughtful husband he is!
I love you so much and I am so GRATEFUL for you! I hope you had a great birthday!!
Oh Kris, I love your family too, and I miss you all and I long for our reunion. Do you know that you taught me how to truly love? Well, that's only one of many things you taught me that changed and improved my life. You are so very dear to me.
We are lucky to have such great grandparents and parents like you guys. It was fun to be at your house sunday. Thanks for dinner.
Post a Comment