"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Thursday, October 16, 2008




Even though we have been home for 5 days and there have been piles of mail and laundry, hundreds of email and phone calls to attend to, dust and duties I am still RELAXED.
15 days away is just about right.

Did I mention...

That Hawaii is BEAUTIFUL?
Or that we saw amazing botanicals?

Hibiscus flower




This looks like a yellow (which I have never seen before)
Hydrangea but the leaves aren't the same.

Does any one know what it is?





A Banyan tree that covers a park

OR

That we waited up past midnight in the COLD WIND to see an active Volcano

The night was black as pitch. You can imagine our emotions when we spotted this phenomenal natural wonder.....There it is! We would rather have been sleeping!


OR
We laughed at the towel creations made by our steward

This is a reptile about to strike at a darling little bird

Or
that we made friends with a very nice Homosexual couple
This is Terry and Brian. We met them on our Kayak tour. Only 5 of us had signed up for this experience. In 3 two-man kayaks we traveled across a bay then into a river which took us to a lagoon with waterfalls, banyan trees and cliff jumpers. Terry was especially fun. He stalled their kayak under a fall SOAKING Brian. Craig didn't dare do that to me. We kayaked about 2miles or more! Another act of COURAGE on my part.

OR

That we played pool on a table that moves up and down to stay balanced as the ship moves with the waves

We challenged Dan and Cherrie to a game of pool. We won (no thanks to Me). Well, I did make 2 amazing shots in a row where the balls actually went in the pocket..but the next shot I barely hit the cue ball.

OR

That I had FUN!




Well, Let's get the record straight............
Craig+15 days+ Hawaii =

1 Happy Kris

6 comments:

Jan's Blog said...

Thank you for sharing all of this. I get more jealous with every account, but I'm so glad that you got away for this wonderful adventure. I never knew you were THAT brave and adventurous. It just all looks so fun.

Shannon said...

15 days does sound wonderful. You are a lucky lady. Maybe that's how long our trip to Europe should be, you can watch the kids all that time right (smile). By the way, the dates for now are May 14-21.

Stacey said...

Your trip looks incredible!
The flowers in Hawaii are so gorgeous!... And you are a brave and beautiful woman!
I am so glad you were able to get away and have fun with your hunky husband!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

This sure does look like an incredible trip!! Lots of beautiful sights to see and interesting people to meet. I am finally beginning to consider a cruise, maybe ONE before I die! I'm so happy you had such a great time.

Grammy Staffy said...

I am so happy for you. I'm glad that it was such a wonderful trip. I love the pictures. What fun and how brave you are!!!

Thanks for your thoughtful kindness to me this week. It means a lot to me.

Sheryl said...

What a great trip. so sorry it was interupted by Craig's illness. Hawaii and a cruise with your man. Doesn't get much better than that! You are such a great example to all of everlasting love!