"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Sunday, October 12, 2008

SUNDAY SIX

On this beautiful Sunday afternoon I have so many reasons to REJOICE! I will share a few of them...Six to be specific..

1. VACATIONS!
2 weeks alone with Craig. No phone (to speak of), no computer, no housework, no meetings, no assignments, no work....just relax, eat, play, talk, eat and watch the sea and eat some more!

This is the pool area on our ship...where we spent some very restful time. The ship was beautiful. We love to be on the sea. We love everything about cruising.


2. BEAUTY OF THE EARTH Hawaii is so very beautiful. The green is beautiful. The flowers are beautiful. The colors of the ocean waters display more hues of blue than can be described.

We saw Banyan trees, waterfalls in a lagoon that we kayaked to, chickens roaming free, beautiful skies, stars galore and many beautiful people.

Craig and I will go back and explore more of Hawaii someday.

The ocean is magnificent. We love being on it; the swaying of the boat, the crashing of waves, the fresh air, the surprises in the weather, the power of a huge ship floating through the vast sea.

3. COURAGE
I admit that the whole idea of snorkeling made me nervous. We went way out into the ocean to a crater to snorkel. The captain of the boat that took us there said the water was 100 feet deep! All we had to do was jump in the ocean and stick our face in the water and breath just right to see we were surrounded by fish. Well, there are a whole lot of elements to that last sentence to cause CONCERN!

But, I did it! I stuck my face in the water and was AMAZED at the beauty. It was an entirely different world. The turquoise water was crystal clear. Pink and bright yellow coral decorated the bottom of the sea while amazing fish glided all around me. It was one of the best hours of my life.

4. CRAIG
Craig is such a fun traveling companion. This photo depicts him in his tuxedo. Isn't he a good sport to get all dressed up? He knows that it means a lot to me. I'm a 'Fancy Nancy'. So, Formal night on a cruise is just pure delight to me. Isn't he a hunk?

Craig is fun in more ways than wearing a tux. He has a fun sense of humor, he is so interesting to talk with, he loves adventure, he is a good sport ( he let me win most of the ping pong games but he killed me in pool), he talks about the gospel often, and best of all he loves me. He knows how to make me feel loved. He says and does just the right things.

5. HEALTH
This is a photo of us looking sad. Poor Craig contracted an intestinal bug during our cruise. On the 3rd day of it he went to the ship doctor to see if they had better medicine than our regular old Imodium. BANG! He was placed on 48 hour quarantine and 24 hours for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, this is a photo of us in Honolulu ! That beautiful sight out our window is all that Craig got to see that day!
And he never saw Kona. I did. He insisted that I go without him. It turned out to be lots of fun. Before I ever left the ship a gentleman asked to be my traveling companion. So, I went on a date in Kona. Here is my friend, Bill.


6. GOSPEL FRIENDS

To our delight Dan and Cherrie Martin were assigned at our dinner table. They are from Utah. We had wonderful conversations with them. It felt good to associate with people we had so much in common with. Their son had received his mission call the very day our cruise began. They had invited us to tour Honolulu with them. Dan gave Craig a priesthood blessing before they departed for their fun day. It was a comfort to have the priesthood available.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip...minus the sickness! What a bummer that was! Good for you for being brave and snorkeling. My first time was also in Hawaii and it was the cheapest and most fun thing we did all week. It's now one of my favorite activities - it is an amazing world under all that water!

JaNae said...

Kris,

So glad to know you're home. We planned our trips at just the right time!

I'm anxious to hear all about it. Waiting to hear from you on Wed! We should have our normal land line hooked up by then...halleluia!

Grammy Staffy said...

I am so sorry that Craig got sick. You didn't tell me... that is so like you...you are so positive. Today you told us about many good things and never mentioned Craig got sick.I need to be more like you. I am trying.

Thank you for your good advice today. I have kept what you suggested in my heart...once again I am trying to be more like you...positive and faithful.

I love you sweet Kris. Thank you for being such a good example for me.

Sherrie said...

Your trip sounds devine...the way you described everything made me feel like I was there too. Sorry about Craig, I hope he feeling better now. While you we gone I actually got my blog up and going. I have a lot to learn from you and Nancy. So far it's quite a chore!

Jan's Blog said...

What a wonderful trip you had. You are far more courageous than I could ever be, but look at the rewards you get for having courage...a lesson to me. I can't wait to hear more. I am SO glad you are home...one of many I am sure. Oh wait...where are the pictures of you hula dancing?

Anonymous said...

Aloha Kris!! I'm happy you're home safe and sound. I loved how you incorporated your trip into your Sunday Six, very clever!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time, except for the quarantine. Reg got sick on our last trip to Hawaii, what's up with that? I don't know quite how I feel about you dating other men but, whatever!! Keep up the good blogging.

Shannon said...

We are so glad that you are back on dry land with us. Even though we don't see you everyday, it's just nice to know that you are there. Thanks for the gifts.