This is Corbin coming home from Pre-school. On Thursdays the bus driver gives the children treats.
She usually gives Corbin 2 so that he can share with his little brother, Cooper.
Corbin has EXTREME allergies to dairy and egg. Everything he eats must be checked for these ingredients.
As soon as Corbin is inside his house the backback is dropped and shoes and socks come off.
Meanwhile, Mom is checking the ingredients of the candy. Insufficient information!
Mom and Corbin rush to the computer to the candy manufacturers' website to check for ingredients.
Not helpful.
Corbin is so patient.
Next they run to the phone to call the 800 number of the company. A hopeful Corbin declares,
" All CLEAR!" while Mom is Still on the phone.
Alas, the results are....the suckers were processed with a machine that also processes products that contain milk.
BooHOO!
Mom saves the day when she suggests that Corbin could have 2 DumDum suckers!!!
Happy BOY and one Smart MOMMA
As a witness, may I say that Corbin was patient and understanding through this entire procedure. Surely, it has been repeated many times over.






5 comments:
Corbin is just a little miracle child. His restraint is remarkable and his sense of compromise as well. I'm just in awe of him and of course his darlling mommy!
This is a common occurance around here. But it hasn't been photographed before (smile). It was fun having you there when Corbin got off the bus. He always loves to have Grandma around.
Corbin is amazing! As the plot thickened I was sure he'd be able to eat that candy, and in the end when he couldn't, I was more disappointed than he seemed to be!
He is one strong little guy!
Way to go Shannon keeping those dumdums around! :)
This is so similar to what Justin experiences. Only we don't have to go to all the trouble of the phone calls...it's a one step stop at the ingredient list. THERE ARE SO FEW THINGS he is offered that I like him to have.
I always keep a supply of good goodies at home to reward Justin when he makes good choices with the food he eats.
He knows that when he says NO to unhealthy foods, he will be rewarded with tasty good foods.
Shannon is wise and Corbin is mastering the quickly fading characteristic of self-discipline.
I didn't know that Corbin was so alergic. It is hard when little ones have to be so careful. Shannon does a good job checking it all out.
I only have a minute on the computer but I wanted to say hi and let you know I am thinking of you. Have a good week. Love, Lura
Post a Comment