"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday Six

A wonderful week on land! Here are 6 things I am grateful for:

1. The most important thing to do once we were home from vacation was to visit my father in Rehab. Leaving town while he was still in the hospital was a difficult thing to do. Happily, he is doing well. He can sit himself up in bed, walk a bit with a walker, and practices his leg lifts. He hopes to be home in a week or so. Wonderful!

2. Darling Mom has been at Dad's bedside every single day-hours on end. She is and always has been the best example of how to be a loving person. She is always optimistic and cheery.
It was her birthday this week. She wanted to spend it with her Man so Craig and I took her presents and a birthday cake to Rehab.
3. I have such a FUN husband. He let me dress him up for a costume party! I owe him BIG TIME!
4. A few days ago Jan celebrated her birthday. We have been friends since we were both 27...long time ago. To call her a friend seems inadequate. She is more like a sister to me. She lives far away but we talk almost daily and communicate through blogging. Her health is poor. She deals with the decline with grace and gratitude. I love her. Happy Birthday, Jan
5. Stake Conference was this weekend. Going to church has always been a favorite pastime. Everything about it is wonderful. This morning we sat on the front row and were able to watch dear friends Rene , Donnette , JoLynn, Julie,and Kari sing in the choir. The first song taught that when our hearts are filled with love the Savior will come and make our home a heaven on earth. The melody, beautiful voices, lyrics were beautiful. Watching Donnette sing filled my heart. She bore testimony of the words through facial expressions and the subtle motions of her body. I am grateful for sincere, talented, and beautiful friends. (No Photo for this one!)

6. OK! This may be the best one of ALL. My brother and his family are moving back to town! TODAY! They moved to Arizona 3 years ago. We have been in mourning ever since. Since they are returning to their local homestead Mom and I were able to create a Heart Attack to welcome them back.

6 comments:

JaNae said...

Okay, The costumes are the best I've ever seen! It's also one of the best pictures I have of the two of you. I'm sure I'll have to steal it.

Your parents look great. I'm glad your father is okay.

I loved your hawaii post. It was fun to read more about your trip.

You are wonderful and I love you so much!...catch you wed morn.

Grammy Staffy said...

I am so glad that your dad is doing well. I keep forgetting to ask you about him when we are together.

Your mom is darling just like you. How cute that you took her that beautiful cake and gifts to rehab.

Hey Kris...you make one cute blond chick...love the hair

Glad your brother is moving back. I wish I could get some of my family to move this way.

Thanks again for your good example and your love. Have a smiling week.

Shannon said...

Alright I'm impressed that you knew how to make your prop 8 thing into a link. And your costumes are great. Dad looks hilarious.

Our stake conference is next week and I've been tossing around the idea of going to your ward instead. What time do you meet? Are you gonna be in town?

Jan's Blog said...

What a special Sunday Six. I love the photos of your mom and dad, and you and Craig, and how generous you are to me. I love you so much.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your Sunday Six. I'm so happy that your dad is doing better, he looks really good in the picture and, of course, your mom looks beautiful. I didn't know your brother had moved to AZ, I loved the "heart attack", what a cute idea!! The costumes are sooo funny, I don't think I would have recognized you on the street! Good Luck with Prop. 8, I hope people in CA realize how important it is. November 4 will be a very interesting day! I wish you another happy week.

Sherrie said...

It sounds like another week for you. Your Mom is still so beautiful and they still look like sweethearts. You and Craig looked perfect for the event!