"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Thursday, November 20, 2008










The cornucopia is a national symbol for a bounteous harvest. It is a reminder for the wonderful blessings from God which fill our life.
It is with a Grateful Heart that I share the cornucopia of my life.



First and foremost is gratitude for the Savior

He is the Reason to REJOICE.
He is the Reason to HOPE.
He is the Reason to LOVE.
I am Grateful to know of Him and to know Him.

"In nothing doth man offend God, or against none is his wrath kindled, save those who confess not his hand in all things." May we be found among those who give our thanks to our Heavenly Father. If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its plavce among the noblest of virtues.

Despite the changes which come into our lives and with gratitude in our hearts, may we fill our days-as much as we can-with those things which matter most. May we cherish those we hold dear and express our love to them in word and in deed."

Thomas S. Monson

( Craig and I left a week ago to visit our darling Utah kids and Mom Horton. We then have driven to Arizona to have Thanksgiving with the adorable kiddos there. I began this post before leaving our home thinking that if I loaded cute pictures they could be manipulated while using one of our kids computers. For some reason it isn't working and with the limited time available to a grandma I give up! So enjoy the little pictures and know that we are having a great time.)

WRITTEN BY A VERY HAPPY AND GRATEFUL GRANDMA WHO HAS LOTS OF THINGS TO SAY BUT NO TIME TO SAY THEM Because I am 'cherishing SOME of those whom I hold dear."

5 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

Hello Kris,
We too are having a wonderful time visiting our Utah kids.

We have had a lovely and busy Thanksgiving. Dathan's family came. We had 35 for a sit down dinner. We had people and tables everywhere....what fun.

Have a great visit with your family and a safe trip home. We will look forward to seeing you when we both get back. Love, Lura

Jan's Blog said...

I'm glad that your time belongs to your family today. I know you must be in a heaven on earth!

Shannon said...

Oh I wish we were there with you too. But we had a good day too. Give everyone our love. (the pies turned out great, whew)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear you are having a happy Thanksgiving holiday. We are at Kaci's and today Quincey was baptized and confirmed for my mom at the Jordan River Temple. Tomorrow Brayden will be ordained a Teacher, so we, too, are having a wonderful weekend. We will be home tomorrow night and that will be fun too.

Sherrie said...

Kris it sound like you also had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family...we are so blessed! When I grow up I am going to create beautiful bogs like you, but for now it's just "Simply Sherrie".