
Prince Charles celebrated his 60th birthday this week.
As little girls we dreamed of being a princess and marrying a prince.
So, ladies, what do you think? What would be the benefits of being married to a prince?
Let's number them:
1. A princess has lot's of beautiful outfits (including shoes and jewels) to wear
2. She doesn't have to do housework
3 The handsome prince is strong and rescues her from all harm
4. She gets to go to balls
5. They live in a beautiful castle
6. They live happily ever after
This was my dream. Was it yours?
When I saw the photo of Prince Charles in the newspaper this week lots of thoughts and feelings swarmed my head and heart.
He is a real live prince. Would I want to be married to him? He is rich, powerful, lives in CastleS, you name it, he has it all.
Right? Whoops he didn't live happily ever after with his princess. He didn't protect her.
There are many things he doesn't have. And they are the most important things of all. Let's just compare the dreams to my reality.
Dedication of the Sunday Six to my Prince.
Craig
Craig
1. I have so many clothes and shoes that they have to be stored according to seasons in other closets around the house. Yes, there have been gifts of jewels. Some were purchased at fine department stores but the BEST ones came home with me from the hospital after they were born.
2. Oops.. I do have to do housework. But, I get help
retired he has assumed the role of vacuumer. He makes the bed often which includes adding decorative pillows.
3. Craig has big strong muscles. He can pick me up and if he needed to could whack a dragon with a sword...if he had a sword...if there were a dragon. He does protect me in so many other ways. He makes sure we are financially sound, that the doors have good locks on them, he drives safely, and he prays multiple times a day that we will be watched over and safe. I would rather have Heavenly Father watching over us than guards in uniform.
4. This is important...he does like to dance. I lucked out on this one. We have a large dressing room. 12 years ago when we first saw this floor plan to the house we live in and the dressing room's size we knew we would dance there. Often there is music playing and we are dancing there. Baby grandchildren have all waltzed with Grandpa many times there.
5. We have a beautiful home. More importantly my prince is endeavoring for us to be worthy to live in a heaven someday in one of those mansions that Jesus said He is preparing.
6. It's been 36 years of love for us. Eight years ago when we gave my parents a celebration for their 50th anniversary Craig said that he hoped we would live long enough to celebrate our 50th someday. I said something true and wise in response. I quote myself, "I do too. But, even more I want our marriage to last for eternity."
I married my prince. He is wonderful here and now but I believe that there are greater things in store for us as we live the gospel together. I look forward to them as I enjoy the journey.





7 comments:
Love this post. I was always a dreamer and dreamed of that perfect life. but I've grown to learn that life is not perfect, and neither am I or my husband! But that doesn't stop us from trying. And I still dream of that perfect wardrobe... :)
Ahhh, what a sweet post about your prince charming. I think that you two make the perfect fairy tale couple....the nicest part is your life is for real...and...I believe like you that the best is yet to come if we just live worthily to receive it.
Thanks for the ride to the temple fireside tonight and going to get Austin. We always enjoy the time we spend with you.
Oh my wonderful Aunt, you have always been a princess to me! I love my memories of dressing up in your beautiful gowns and wearing your make-up and jewels. Much like the memories I have with your mother, (my Grandmother-the Queen) they will be cherished forever. I love you! :)
P.S. Want a wonderful Prince you have!
Your are the true romantic....and I just had to smile when I read your tribute. It was great to talk to you last night and I love keeping up with you family through your blog.
Okay, Craig is a prince and he TOTALLY looks like Prince Charles. You must hear that a lot! I can't believe I never noticed it before.
I remember once when you were teaching in Young Womens and he walked by. You ran to the window and said "Isn't he handsome?" I knew then the kind of wife I wanted to be. One that adored her husband. Thanks for the example!
Craig is by far the finest man I know...and as you well know, he did slay dragons for me and save my life. And, since you are the finest woman I've ever been blessed to know, I think you are a perfect prince and princess!
Kris, I love this picture! Where are you (BEAUTIFUL!) and prince charming? Funny how you thought of your prince charming after seeing pictures of Charles, and I thought of my prince charming after watching the 2008 charmer...Edward! After my miniscual dedication to Geoff, I flipped over to read your blog. I'm still chuckling...so funny.
Post a Comment