"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Sunday, November 9, 2008

SUNDAY SIX



Reflecting on this week brings deep feelings of gratitude for many things. It was a very busy week. Even though Election Day was at the beginning of the week it affected the entire week in many ways right down to a very tired body.

1. First and foremost is the Miracle we received in California. And it was a MIRACLE. Bill O'Reilly of Fox News called the passing of Proposition 8 'stunning.' Indeed it was. Craig doing the math noted that the tally breaks down to approximately 20 Yes votes per precinct that made the total difference. So, did the coalition make a difference? YES!

2. During Sunday School class today I looked around and noted that except for a couple of people everyone participated in some way in the grassroots effort to support traditional marriage; giving MANY hours.

3. Even on Election Day we worked tirelessly until 7:30 pm calling voters and other duties. Some wanted to stop early because it seemed we weren't making a difference. But, I cheered them on with the reminder that Heavenly Father views our actions as exercising faith. When we do ALL that we can He makes up the difference. HE DID!

Now, we are told to just be nice to those who have decided they are our enemies (this is not a sign on our house but it could be.)


4. I am grateful for moments of RELAXATION and RENEWAL. Going to bed early and taking breaks now and then throughout the week has renewed me.

For about an hour on Saturday Kelli, Jeff, Craig and I sat on our patio. The weather was perfect. We talked and laughed and breathed easy. Wonderful



5. Having our twins together is more rare than one would think since they both live here in Sunny California.

6. And there is Great Gratitude for other ways of staying in touch with loved ones.

Such as: BLOGS!



and PHONES!

and BLOGGING FRIENDS like YOU!

6 comments:

Jan's Blog said...

I love all 6! I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Another great Sunday Six Kris. I'm so happy about Prop. 8. Thanks to you and Craig and all the members of your ward and many others who worked so hard to see it pass. What a darling picture of Kelli and Jeff, I'm happy you got to spend the day with them and that they got to spend the day with each other. I'm so happy your dad is improving, he sure looks great in all the pictures you've posted. I wish you a restful and happy week.

Sherrie said...

Congratulations on Prop.8, congratulations to all of us. Thanks again for all of your hard work in our behalf. Kelly and Jeff look darling by the way!

JaNae said...

Wow! I love how Craig analyzes things...to think that it came down to 20 votes per precinct...! Maybe that's why I was SO OVERWHELMED with the spirit when I was at the booth!

Loved the prop 8 sign...a classic.

I'm so glad you are able to relax for a bit...at least until the next wave.

Wednesday!

Grammy Staffy said...

I just love your Sunday Six and I love you. You are a special friend and always a great example to me.

Thanks for coming by last night. It is always fun to spend time with you and Craig.

While you were here did you notice the magnet you gave me on the oven door. I smile and think of you each time I see it.

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of you a lot lately. Not sure why, but you have been on my mind. This morning I had a chuckle remembering when michelle gave me the stirring stick. Do you remember that? She gave it to me after my bridal shower, only after you told her, "Oh Michelle! Just give her the stick!" I loved you from that moment on!

Hope all is well with you. Tell Jeff and Kelly hello from us.