"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Monday, February 2, 2009

God Loves you


Throughout February I will share
beautiful words of love.
Words that inspire and lift the soul.
Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We're the children of God
and as his children there is no attribute we ascribe to him that we do not possess,
though they may be dormant or in embryo.
Now this is the truth,
we humble people,
we who feel sometimes so worthless,
so good for nothing,
we are not so worthless as we think.
There is not one of us but what God's love has been expended upon.
There is not one of us that He has [not] cared for and carressed.
We may be insignificant and contemptible in our own eyes and in the eyes of others,
but truth remains that we are the children of God
and He has actually given His angels
-invisible beings of power and might-
charge concerning us,
and they watch over us and have us in their keeping."

President George Q. Cannon, Gospel Truth: Discourses and Writings of President George Q. Canon (quoted by A.G. Kapp, You are Better Than You Think, p. 42)

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Very nice. It is amazing that God can know and love each of us individually.

Hey your voting thing isn't working.

Shannon said...

Never mind. It's working now.

Anonymous said...

Wow...that woke me up! Love the background! And what wonderful words to go along with it. I believe in angels...I think I actually saw one years ago. Does that make me sound insane, or blessed? I felt blessed.

I can't leave this message unless I choose anonymous...can't figure it out...Jan

Grammy Staffy said...

Beautiful message.... We all need to believe it and live our lives accordingly.

How is Lori? She is in my prayers. Will you be there this weekend? Would you like to meet Marie? Is she one of your blog friend? I can't remember if you know her or not.
Let us know...you would be more than welcome.