"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"There is no spirit but what was pure and holy when it came here from the celestial world...He is the father of our spirits; and if we could know, understand, and do his will, every soul would be prepared to return back into his presence and when they get there [this is my favorite part] they will see that they had formerly lived there for ages, that they had previously been acquainted with every nook and corner, with the palaces, walks and gardens; and they would embrace their father, and he would embrace them and say, 'My son, my daughter, I have you home again.' And the child would say, 'Oh my father, my father, I am here again.'" (Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, 4:268)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I must have read this many years ago because it has become part of my soul. I yearn to have this memory restored to me; to walk the gardens and remember every nook and corner. Most especially I yearn to be in the arms of Heavenly Father and to see His face and hear His voice. Sometimes when in the temple these images come to mind and the yearning only deepens.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kris...I woke up late and am rushing to be ready before Darien arrives, but I had to stop by and see if you added anything...and then I began reading, and then I read in again, and again once more and I found myself sitting here seeking it in my soul...pondering and feeling...and lingering so that I could take in all in. Isn't it amazing how powerful words can be, and the images they can feelings they can awaken in our souls. Thank you! Jan

Grammy Staffy said...

I know what you are saying and what you are feeling. I feel much the same way. I look forward to that wonderful reunion we will have some day. For now I must prepare myself to be ready and worthy.

Thanks for this lovely post.

Lauri said...

I too have had those feelings in the temple lately. On several occasions, while in the Celestial room, the words of the song come to my mind, "no more a stranger, nor a guest, but like a child at home." What a sweet reassurance.