
Valentine's Day. What am I saying...Valentine's MONTH! From the first sign of hearts and doilies in the stores to the end of the month is Valentine's Day to me! I begin dreaming of the various little things I will do to put smiles on the faces of the people I love.
Because there are so many wonderful people in my life
I must choose simple inexpensive ways to show them I
love them. Often I worry that it was too simple of a gift-
that they deserve more -like a ruby ring or at least a lovely
store bought surprise.
Valentine's Day began in the most lovely way. I attended the
bridal shower of my darling niece, Rachel.
Rachel and Zack but Shannon and Kelli and my mom and sisters
and their daughters would be there.
We all had the most wonderful surprise. Another of my nieces,
Lauren, had become engaged the night before! She was able to
show off her beautiful diamond ring to us all.

Valentine's Day by our traditional luncheon. We have been gathering
in celebration of our love for about 20 years! Each year, as the nieces
get older another one or two join us. We are up to 15 this year.
After the wonderful bridal shower I went home to my LOVE. We
would have the remainder of the day together. Ahh, I couldn't wait
to be with him.
The night before as we were out making Valentine deliveries he
bought me flowers I love, pink carnations. As my sister, Suzi, says
there is just something so feminine about carnations AND they last!
When I walked into the house that Saturday afternoon Craig told me
that I would just have to go from room to room looking for my
unwrapped present.
On the kitchen counter wrapped in a red ribbon was a Bose CD/Radio
with 4 CD changer. YIPPEEE! Now I can listen to my favorite music
as I cook and clean in the kitchen. It's sound is crisp and clear.
Craig and I LOVE music. A stereo was the first purchase we made
together when we became engaged (after the ring (well we didn't
really purchase the ring (that's another story))).

Then we went to an early movie...Shopoholic. We smiled and laughed
all the way through it. We recommend it, by the way.

was next followed by a lovely evening at home. Heavenly day!
My next Valentine's gift arrived Sunday after church on
Jan, my sister by friendship, came for a 2 week visit!






5 comments:
What a wonderful day for you! We had a perfect day as well. Thank you for making my day a little "sweeter"! You are a darling girlfriend!
It sounds like a wonderful day. Craig is such a sweetheart. You two are the perfect couple.
I can't wait to meet Jan. I hope that she feels better soon.
Love, Lura
I've been waiting anxiously for your Valentine's Day post....it sounds like you had a busy and wonderful day, with more to come!
Isn't it wonderful that there is a full day just to celebrate LOVE?! I wish there were more...
...oh wait--there is!!
Tomorrow!! We will celebrate LOVE! I am so glad you started something so wonderful...I can't wait! I LOVE you!
Glad I took the time to pop over to your cute blog. You are such an inspiration, always so thoughtful and kind. I need to be more like you. Ü
Post a Comment