"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Thursday, May 28, 2009

This is a confession.
I am NOT babysitting more.
I am home BUT there hasn't been a moment to sit and quietly reflect on the wonderful time I had taking care of those darling two boys. I JUMPED back into a Busy Life.
Sunday I taught Relief Society and was set apart to a new calling--Stake Relief Society President!
Monday Craig and I cleaned house and the yard, went to see Star Trek and dinner
Tuesday I taught my last Scripture class (being released from this) then came home to have my first Presidency meeting. Around 6:30 pm I laid on the bed to read a little and fell asleep with glasses and slippers on. Craig tucked me into bed and I slept until 3:30 am when I got up to get ready for the Temple on Wednesday. Rebecca's family of 6 came from Arizona later in the day for a vacation!
So, my house is full of darlings and we are off to Knott's Berry Farm today, the beach tomorrow, a birthday party Saturday and then...well, let's just say I may not be able to write again till next week.
When I get a snatch of time I do love to take a moment and read your blogs. And of course, your comments on mine.
Love to all!

9 comments:

The Bills Bunch said...

Okay, I'll comment! I'm so happy to hear that you'll be my new stake RS President! I know you'll be great and you have such neat ladies for your counselors and secretary. Kevi is my friend and I just love her! Enjoy your busy week! Did you know Burger King has Knott's coupons?
Bye...Janine Bills

Jan's Blog said...

Have a wonderful time. Give Rebecca my love. I'll be thinking of you at our Girl's weekend Tea Party...hopefully we will make it!

Peggy Glasmann said...

Don't you just LOVE being a grandma?? My kiddos will be back tomorrow as we prepare to send Josh off, then when I get back, Jackie and the kids come down to stay with me for a week. I LOVE it!! It will help with the letting go of Josh just a bit! You will be the best at Stake RS Pres. You love the scriptures and you are REAL. You are still my hero! I love you! Tell Rebecca hi for me and post some pictures of her and her darling family!!

Anonymous said...

Sheesh...you need a vacation! Sounds like a fun summer so far. Since I've already written to you about what a PERFECT Stake R.S. President you will be, I won't say all that again, but you will be just perfect! I'm excited about the prospect of seeing you soon, I hope we can work it out. I hope you have a wonderful visit with your AZ children, I'll look forward to you blogging again (hopefully with pictures). HI to Janine (up above on this comment page)

Lauri said...

Gee, I wish I was in the Corona stake. You'll be a wonderful stake RS president. I can just imagine how beautifully everything will be done.

lauren said...

im glad my letter of recommendation i sent to salt lake helped you become RSP.

i'm wildly jealous of your busy social life. im young and fun! why arent i going to knotts and the beach too?! Have fun. think of me the whole time.

mommacitabonita said...

Kris,
You are an inspiration!!! I love the music and the insights from your blog! Just beautiful, thank you for inspiring all of the sisters in our little ward. You will be a wonderful Stake R.S. pres. I am listening to a duet, I've sung it, but can't remember the title. So Beautiful...Thank you again, love you, Barbara

Grammy Staffy said...

Wow...you are one busy Grandma. Isn't it fun!!!! However, it sounds to me like you really do need a cruise!!

You will make a wonderful Stake Relief Society pres. Like Peggy, you are my hero too. You set such a good example for all those around you. I feel fortunate to have you as a friend.

I am loving life here at David's. The new babe and 3 older children as absolutely precious. What a joy to be here. I am so blessed that I could come and help them. All is going well. Marla feels better each day.

Fri. I fly to Utah to attend Justin's graduation. I will be sad to leave here but happy to visit my Utah family.

Have a great time with Rebecca and family. I am sending love, Lura

Shannon said...

It was fun to have Beck’s family here. I was jealous that you got to be with them so much more that I was.

As a RS side note, I think each ward is supposed to do an 5th Sunday lesson about LDS family services adoption program every couple years. You should look into that to see if I'm right. I don't think most stakes do it. The grandmothers of these babies don't all feel supportive of the adoption choice and we (personally (smile)) need them to at least be willing to consider it.

I love you. See you tomorrow.