"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Claim to Fame

This is our family's claim to fame. At least one of them. I'll tell you about that later. First of all, this is Kelli with one of her best friends, Brooke White. Brooke was in the Top Ten of American Idol last season. Kelli was invited to attend one of the first performances on the show. So, you see...we have a claim to fame.

Brooke flipped the switch to turn on the Christmas lights at the Mesa, Arizona temple the day after Thanksgiving. We all attended this along with THRONGS of people. The temple was arrayed gloriously in lights. Sherrie, were you there too?

It was Magnificently, Heavenly, Beautiful.
But, back to the subject....another claim to fame I can't show in a photo. I DIDN'T HAVE MY CAMERA WITH ME!!! agghh.
While Craig and I took a late night walk in Kanab, Utah during the Thanksgiving trip we spotted a tribute to one of Craig's cousins....Robert Horton...of Wagon Train fame (if you know what I am talking about...you are old!) Doggone! We tried to find it the next morning in the dark on our way out of town but to no avail.

3 comments:

Jan's Blog said...

That's a darling picture of Kelli and Brooke! The temple IS heavenly, and, sad to say, I do remember Wagon Train and thought Craig's cousin was just heavenly as well!!

Grammy Staffy said...

Wow you do have another claim to fame.... We LOVE Brooke. We voted for her every week. How did Kelli meet her? If she every comes to your house to visit YOU HAVE to invite us over.
Do you know if she has gotten any special career jobs since she was on idol? Did she like going on tour with the top 10? I have been thinking about her and David A. I think that they are both so darling. I wish that you were home right now so I could call and get the low down!!!

The pictures of the temple look beautiful. I wanted to get to Salt Lake to see temple square lit up but we did not make it this year.

You must tell me about Robert Horton. I can't wait to talk to you. Have a good day.

Laura said...

I love & miss the Mesa Temple so much! It looks so beautiful, thank you so much for posting this picture. I means so much to me!